Cub Cadet Pro Z 100

rthompson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone; first time poster here.

I just bought a Cub Cadet Pro Z 160L despite it being brand new on the market (went against my better judgement and bought it without reviews...they don't exist as far as I can tell). Also, I don't think Cub Cadets track record is all that great. I've used a Scag Tiger Cub for many years with almost no qualms, however I've always thought of brand loyalty as a fault...

Anyway, I've only logged 5 or 6 hours on it and I have to say this thing is a beast. It's gotta be one of the heavier mowers in its class. It's thick all around; and with the hydro gear 3400's on it it can move all that weight too. It's got a 27hp Kohler EFI which I'm worried about (heard mixed feelings on it), but by and large I'm pretty satisfied so far.

My question is, does anyone else own one of these yet? Or have heard of any issues etc? Some reassurance my impulse buy won't become a disaster would be awesome lol.

Thanks!

Here's a picture of it in all its glory: 20160427_174243.jpg

RudyP

Threads
That is one fine looking machine! Sorry I cannot give you any info on your new Z but can say my 12 yr. old CC 2166 42" is still going strong. I am, however, considering a steering wheel ztr to reduce mowing and trimming time and will like to hear how your new machine is working out after you have had it for a while. Thanks, RP in MS.

Attachments

• CUB 1.pdf
    262.1 KB · Views: 14

Summerlin

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've been looking at these online a lot lately. I was originally thinking about the LX60, but I can't keep my mind off these ProZ's.

mbjst

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I just bought a 154L and can certainly agree that it is a beast. Noticeably heavier than the Hustler Fastrac I had before and WAY faster. The big Kohler has gobs of power. One thing I noticed though is it doesn’t do reverse well. The specs say 9.5 forward and 4.5 reverse, but no way mine is nearly half as fast backwards as forwards. Has anyone else noticed that? It appears that the levers don’t go back into the notch in the plate they come up through.

Dually

Forum Newbie
Threads
Morning, I have considerable stick time on Cub Cadet mowers. I have to say that over all most I have owned have been lame, mower decks are weak. Pulley barings are awful so the entire lawn tractor takes the hit. To be fair, my property is a deck killer, should be a test ground. Stamped decks are a waste. Last spring I jumped to a Z Force, I was very impressed, best mower I have ever used. Just left the dealer a couple days ago and ordered a Pro Z 148S. My choice of deck size is a topic for another day. I am positive you have made a great decision, the Z Force was carberated and was a bit thirsty. The Pro Z is EFI so it just keeps getting better. I would of bought a 500 series if I could of. I think you're gonna be real pleased.

ktrusse

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just picked up a Pro Z 154 yesterday. I have 20 acres in Missouri and it is tough terrain. I love this mower! It is fast, cuts great and climbs like hills are not even there. I've not managed to bog the mower down once. I only have 1 hour on it thus far but i find nothing wrong with it. It sips fuels from what i can tell and I didn't notice anything wrong with the reverse functionality. I have the steering wheel unit, not the lap bars.

RudyP

Threads
Morning, I have considerable stick time on Cub Cadet mowers. I have to say that over all most I have owned have been lame, mower decks are weak. Pulley barings are awful so the entire lawn tractor takes the hit. To be fair, my property is a deck killer, should be a test ground. Stamped decks are a waste. Last spring I jumped to a Z Force, I was very impressed, best mower I have ever used. Just left the dealer a couple days ago and ordered a Pro Z 148S. My choice of deck size is a topic for another day. I am positive you have made a great decision, the Z Force was carberated and was a bit thirsty. The Pro Z is EFI so it just keeps getting better. I would of bought a 500 series if I could of. I think you're gonna be real pleased.

Please update us on the Pro Z 148S, that looks to be a really fine unit and even fits my budget. It would certainly cut my mowing time by over half and with the heavier tranny's would probably allow me to pull my yard cart or maybe even my 42" lawn sweeper.