Husqvarna YT46LS tires?

deck~dragger

Threads
I have a new Husqvarna, I like the mower but it rides kind of rough and I have a bad back. My yard may not be the smoothest but had no problem with a previous mower. I did let some air out of the back tires, did not help that much. Thought about getting wider rear rims and tires, 10" wide used to be the standard. Other Suggestions?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

Sorry to hear about your back.
No easy fix with your tractor .
If you drop the pressure in the rear tyres you must either drop the fronts by the same percentage or readjust the deck as it will change the attack angle of the blades.

You only have a few options.All of them are expensive but no where as dear as a stint in hospital.

1) buy an air ride seat and fit it to the tractor
2) buy a tractor that has suspension
3) change to an atv with a tow behind mower.

deck~dragger

Threads
Thanks for the info. I knew Simplicity and a few others have a suspension model. Did not think that I needed one yet. Hindsight 20/20

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Got a customer , fit & healthy in his 40's.
He was retrenched so bought a push mowing franchise.
He upsold into ride on work & bought a Greenfields ( google them if you like ).
I now have it in the yard with a for sale sign on it as his back can not take the jaring from the small wheels and he ends up with motion sickness after an hour on it.
He is now using a stander, no problems.
He was looking at a mower with suspension but they were too big and the stander was 2/3 the price.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The neatest thing I ever say on a rider was the removal of the factory seat springs and replacement springs put in place. 4 used in total. They where softer and taller but when you sat down it was bouncy bouncy. Cost like $40.00 to do it. Something to think about.

ingigo

Threads
Only an "Air-Ride" seat will let your body go up and down slowly versus a "jarring" instant up and down feeling than makes you hurt as with any other system I know. The suspension on mowers does little to reduce the riders seat bumps I feel. Ferris ZT and a simplicity for a bit summed it up for me. Better on the ZT.