2009 LTX 1042 Riding Mower - No power when I turn on the key, LCD is not lit up.

hjw

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 2009 LTX 1042 Riding Mower - No power when I turn on the key, LCD is not lit up.
No power when I turn the key on while pushing down the left break pedal. Plus the hydrostatic by-pass rod is not allowing the rear wheels to move. I had to lift the rear end to move mover into garage. I cannot find any fuse anywhere on the wiring harness as stated in the manual.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / 2009 LTX 1042 Riding Mower - No power when I turn on the key, LCD is not lit up.
Google: Cub Cadet Professional Shop Manuals, scroll down page for LTX , see wiring schematic. If you're not sure about battery being good or bad, remove battery & take to any auto parts store for load test.

See page 142 item 2 in manual for no power. As for transaxle problem check for brake adjustment in manual pages 62 & 97 depending on type your tractor has. Also I will suggest you remove both rear wheels, one at a time using jackstand under frame & front wheels chalked or scotched, & apply anti-seize compound to axle shafts liberally, this will prevent wheel seizing to axle shaft. You can purchase anti-seize compound at any auto parts store in small packet form inexpensively.

Wiring schematic is page 198.

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
On MTD products the fuse is normally in the area around the battery, So if it is under the hood, could be clipped to the frame rail in that area, If the battery is under the seat, you may have to remove the battery and look around down in there to find the fuse.