Velocity Deck on Freedom Z Pro???

jac233

Threads
I'm close to buying a Freedom Z Pro with 61" deck. I hear a lot of good things about the Velocity deck but I don't think it is on this model.

Can someone explain the difference? I'm brand new to this world and I will be cutting my own lawn that is a little more than 2 acres of mostly flat opened land.

Appreciate any help!

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm close to buying a Freedom Z Pro with 61" deck. I hear a lot of good things about the Velocity deck but I don't think it is on this model.

Can someone explain the difference? I'm brand new to this world and I will be cutting my own lawn that is a little more than 2 acres of mostly flat opened land.

Appreciate any help!

I am not totally familiar with the Scag decks that are not Velocity. I have two Tiger Cats that have Velocity Decks.

A Velocity deck is built sloped on the front. It slopes about 45 degrees I estimate outward from the bottom. Inside of the deck is a baffle that runs across the front inside. It is adjustable. Raising it makes the deck cut stemmed grass incredibly. It also has a large discharge as well.

We cut much grass and I have personally never run a mower that cuts stemmed or tall grass with a Scag with a Velocity deck.

Those are some things I can tell you from experience.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Freedom Z Pro appears to have the older Advantage deck or one very similar. As jekjr has mentioned, the Velocity deck has the front apron and has a larger discharge opening than the Advantage deck had. I'm not sure if Scag has made a change to the deck discharge opening on the decks on the Freedom series machines. A check of the machines at the dealer will show the difference.
For many years Scag machines were equipped with the Advantage deck and for the most part operators were satisfied with them. I do know that the spindles are different from the ones on a Velocity deck being a lower level machine.

John R

Threads
I have the Velocity on my Tiger Cat ii, and it works great, if you get to pick which deck you get, go with the velocity.