Looking to buy a Kubota Kommander Z122E

Mq32shooter

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was just about the pull the trigger on the Kommander Z122E, when the dealer told me it had a Briggs engine. I had spoken with a couple of folks in the lawn mower sales and repair business that told me to stay away from the Briggs. Everyone told me they had valve problems. What's up? Are they any good or should I buy something with a Kawasaki or Kohler? I have about an acre to mow and don't mow that much as it's at my farm. Typically, I have to use the shredder behind my Deere to cut it first, then jump on the mower to finish it off. I probably would not use it 15 hours a year. But if I spend the money for a Kubota, I want it last a very, very long time.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was just about the pull the trigger on the Kommander Z122E, when the dealer told me it had a Briggs engine. I had spoken with a couple of folks in the lawn mower sales and repair business that told me to stay away from the Briggs. Everyone told me they had valve problems. What's up? Are they any good or should I buy something with a Kawasaki or Kohler? I have about an acre to mow and don't mow that much as it's at my farm. Typically, I have to use the shredder behind my Deere to cut it first, then jump on the mower to finish it off. I probably would not use it 15 hours a year. But if I spend the money for a Kubota, I want it last a very, very long time.

I'm not a fan of the low end residential Briggs engines, but the commercial turf engine seems to be a good engine. A few guys on here run them and have not mentioned any issues. The vanguard is one of the best commercial engines out there, but it won't come on the Z122e. Personally, I wouldn't by a mower with a Briggs engine unless it had the commercial turf, or vanguard on it. You are right though. You won't stress the engine with just 1 acre to mow. Even if the engine only last 300 hours that's still 20 years mowing your lawn.