Cordless electric mowers - RC model hobby connection

Willyvon

Threads
There appear to be a number of these on the market thanks to the growth of the radio controlled model hobbyists, techies all, and their vision which has grabbed hold of battery electric power for their models. My interest is in their potential to measure the effects of better rotary mower blade designs via cordless electric mowers. Most cordless electric mowers share very standard blade designs with their combustion powered "brethren". My in use removable SLA battery powered Neuton rotary mower offers a unique opportunity to wire in one of the likes of this to measure the energy demand various alternate blade designs impose. As DC electric motor and battery systems evolved, they became the logical alternative to small combustion power for RC models. Hobbyists had to have on board batteries and motors for the combustion powered RC models to operate them under radio control anyway! These arose to help them measure and maximize the efficiency of their power systems. In the last few years these have come down in price by 2/3 or more. Lucky me!