simplicity legacy xl

1mose1955

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a legacy xl with a loader, I have lost all steering and loader will not lift. has anyone experienced this problem? The hydrostatic still works

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That problem will be related to the hydraulic pump.
The drive is a seperate unit.
So start by verifing your hydraulic resevious is full to th proper level and that the spindle on the pump is spinning the pump shaft.

Please reply with the full model number o your tractor and the model numbers of your engine.
It helps no end and stops us giving you incorrect information and :welcome:

1mose1955

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't have the engine no#s but its a diesel engine. the tractor no# is 2690288. the hydraulic oil level is ok. thanks for the welcome

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How about the pump belt, pump & shaft ?
The pump spindle has a key on it to protect the pump if something solid enteres it.
And then there is the filter.
If it has no bypass then the pump will recirculate the oil and not power the rams.

1mose1955

Forum Newbie
Threads
there are no belts, its all shaft drive and the shafts are turning. the 3pt will lift no load very, very slowly. and the filter has been changed

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That narrows things down to the pump or valve chest.

1mose1955

Forum Newbie
Threads
if the pump was at fault would the hydro still work? what is the valve chest? loader valve, priority valve?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The PTO valve.
The PTO has a totally seperate hydraulic circuit to the hydro drive circuit.
There is a solenoid valve near the front of the drive. If it fails then none of the hydraulics will work.
You have a different drive to the one I originally thought you had with a single PTO & Drive unit.
I was thiking of an air cooled model with a pto shaft front , which drives the hydraulic pump and rear which drives the tranny.

Yours appears to be a Tuf Torq K92
As such you can download the service manual from Tuff Torq.

snicarry

Forum Newbie
Threads
i am having the same issue with my 2007 Legacy XL (2690352) sudden loss of Front End Loader and Power Steering. My local repair man ‘went over the unit and isolated the problem to internal to the transmission’ [Tuff Torque K92,4WD]…
Does this isolate my problem to the Hydraulic Pump?
Is there a test I can perform o verify before I drop big buck on a new one?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP... I am running out of options.. :(
Steve

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Either the pump or the valve chest.
They are both repairable.
You would be best served bu contacting Tuf Torq and finding your local service agent.
usually they will want the tranny only.
It looks like the pump is a bolt on item at the front of the tranny.

In hydraulic terms the unit is a cheap piston pump one.
In mower terms it is very expensive.

There is a fairly complicated air bleed to be done in any case.

Tuff Torq have repair manuals that they will generally send you, but you have to ask them, nicely.
If not I have a copy I can send you if you PM me. Fairly sure TT sent it to me.

If you go to simplicity and type in your model & serial number you can download the parts book & perhaps the full service manual.
In any case the parts book has a hydraulic schematic diagram so at least you can work out where it all fits.
If you do take it apart make sure you mark the input & return lines and take a lot of photos.
Plug all oil lines ( test tube stoppers work really well for this )

There is a lot of hours in this job so getting it done will not be cheap, and the pump itself is a very high precision item and precision costs money.

Mulligans have also been very good to me in the pasts and have been really good to a lot of people who the list has referred to them.
They know their stuff & will give you good advise about what your options are regarding repairs.

And whatever happens please get back to the list with the outcome.
That will greatly help others in your position.