Troy-Bilt BP25 Blower Repair Help - Cuts off after 5 seconds

jtdunn4life

Threads
  • / Troy-Bilt BP25 Blower Repair Help - Cuts off after 5 seconds
Need some advice on my sturdy little backpack blower. It will start, run for about 5 seconds then cut off. I can prime it again and start it again, but with the same results. Had the fuel lines replaced a while back and was running ok. I recently replaced the pull cord and primer bulb myself, and that is when it all started. I'm assuming it's a fuel delivery issue cause it seems to be burning the fuel I prime and cuts off because it's not pumping more fuel...somebody tell me if I'm wrong!

I've thought about replacing the carburetor.. but before I do that does anyone have some pointers???

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
First post complete model number, BP25 does not help. Retrace your steps carefully when removing primer bulb & inspect everything taking your time. Did you use Troy Bilt OEM replacement parts? Also post year of manufacture, thanks.

Make sure gasoline is fresh along with approved 2 cycle oil if engine is 2 cycle.

Last edited:

jtdunn4life

Threads
Model # TB25BP
Year Built - called troy bilt and they couldn't find it! Bought it in 2006 or 2007 from Lowe's

I bought the primer bulb at Lowe's which seems to carry compatible replacement parts.

It's been a little while since I replaced the bulb so honestly I don't remember exactly, but here is what I remember:
removed air filter cover
took out the 2 long black screws holding the throttle switch
pulled off the carburetor
unscrewed the primer bulb
screwed on the new one
reassembled

An update... It cranked and ran full throttle for about 2 minutes last night. When I let it drop to idle it cut off. The exhaust was smokin... literally. So it can crank and run, but definitely not operating normally.