brand new member

donmccombs

Forum Newbie
Threads
I joined the forum a couple of weeks ago but being a seasonal tax preparer my schedule just got a lot easier. I now have time to post and hopefully get the info I need from you. I have an Ariens 42" hydro cut with a 22 hp briggs and straton v tech engine. The governor adjustment and spring hook up had been removed when I did assembled the carb and cleaned it. The bowl etc was filled with bad gas and debris. The only way to get it to fire was with ether (also to keep it running. The carb works fine now but I can't seem to get the governor right. The governor has a primary and secondary spring. The choke is controlled by the throttle cable ***'y. the throttle cable, when sliding from slow to fast turns the throttle clockwise putting spring tension on the governor arm and turning it clockwise I had it running a couple of times and the engine slows and stalls at slow speeds.
i assume this means that the secondary spring is hooked up incorrectly. My concern is getting the primary spring and the arm adjusted right on the governor shaft. I should be able to get the secondary spring tension found with the engine running. Can anyone help me out with the proper way to fix my problems?
the model number is 93605300/A22H46 AS TAGGED UNDER THE SEAT (my operator's manual list it as a model 936056)
the engine is a 656 cc (22hp) model 407777 type 2217 G1

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK so here is the question to you and all others that post with out figuring out we need to know to help.
Model numbers off the mower and off the engine. We really need this.

donmccombs

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK so here is the question to you and all others that post with out figuring out we need to know to help.
Model numbers off the mower and off the engine. We really need this.[/QU
i added the model #'s to my original post

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm gong to move your thread over to our mower and equipment operation section. Best of luck :smile:

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try to get a manual that shows the linkage. Meanwhile I think someone here will give further information . When I took my Intek apart I drew a litte pic of the routing. Maybe a picture next time?