Engine This is my Husq 625EX. It is new. It will not start. Advice sorely needed

Texas

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / This is my Husq 625EX. It is new. It will not start. Advice sorely needed
Hey Yall'', about at my wits end and hoping for some experts advice.

My Husqvarna 625ex is 3 months old.
It has been started and ran ONCE.
3 weeks ago it would not start after sitting for 2 months.
I called Husqyavrna and was told it is covered under warranty, but I would need to find a person who did the work and pay their diagnostic fees. Here in Texas that is about $50-75 and a 4-5 week wait.

I have drained the gas and replaced it with Tru-Fuel. No Start.
Replaced the Spark Plug - No Start.
Removed the 'mini' screen/filter under the carb (Big hex screw plug) and cleaned it. No Start.

While I am a competent person, I do not have any experience with small motors and am looking for any direction or advice for troubleshooting.

Super grateful for any help. - Texas

mower_1.jpg
mower_2.jpg
mower_3.jpg

primerbulb120

Threads
Remove the air filter and spray some starting fluid into the carb throat. Try to start the mower and post back with the results.

Texas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you. Can you recommend a starting fluid spray? And I am not exactly sure what the 'carb throat' is. My apologies.
And remove only the air filter, or the the air filter housing as well?

primerbulb120

Threads
Thank you. Can you recommend a starting fluid spray? And I am not exactly sure what the 'carb throat' is. My apologies.

It doesn't matter what brand of starting fluid you use. I use whatever the local auto parts store sells. :laughing:

Take off the air filter cover and air filter. You will see two circular openings. The bottom one is the carb throat. The choke plate will be blocking it, push on one side (I think it's the right side) of the choke plate to open it. Then spray some starting fluid down past the choke plate and try to start the mower.

I have attached a picture with the carb throat circled in yellow.

carb throat.JPG

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey Yall'', about at my wits end and hoping for some experts advice.

My Husqvarna 625ex is 3 months old.
It has been started and ran ONCE.
3 weeks ago it would not start after sitting for 2 months.
I called Husqyavrna and was told it is covered under warranty, but I would need to find a person who did the work and pay their diagnostic fees. Here in Texas that is about $50-75 and a 4-5 week wait.

I have drained the gas and replaced it with Tru-Fuel. No Start.
Replaced the Spark Plug - No Start.
Removed the 'mini' screen/filter under the carb (Big hex screw plug) and cleaned it. No Start.

While I am a competent person, I do not have any experience with small motors and am looking for any direction or advice for troubleshooting.

Super grateful for any help. - Texas

View attachment 28346
View attachment 28347
View attachment 28348

Husqvarna are not the ones doing the warranty but Briggs themselves.

https://www.briggsandstratton.com/na/en_us/support/dealer-locator.html

Try this.

Texas

Forum Newbie
Threads
It doesn't matter what brand of starting fluid you use. I use whatever the local auto parts store sells. :laughing:

Take off the air filter cover and air filter. You will see two circular openings. The bottom one is the carb throat. The choke plate will be blocking it, push on one side (I think it's the right side) of the choke plate to open it. Then spray some starting fluid down past the choke plate and try to start the mower.

View attachment 28349

Thank you! I'll report back this afternoon or the morning! REALLY appreciate the next step.

Texas

Forum Newbie
Threads

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you. Yes, that is what Husqvarna told me. B&S service warranty. There is a multi-week wait and a $50-75 diagnostic charge to troubleshoot a brand new mower. While I understand, it does frustrate me.

Somebody is telling you porkies as you shouldn't be charged anything as long as it is under warranty even diagnosis time.
They could charge you if they find that its stale fuel or dirty carb that's the problem.

This time of year is busy so maybe a queue. At the moment we are at a 3 week turn around.

Texas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Somebody is telling you porkies as you shouldn't be charged anything as long as it is under warranty even diagnosis time.
They could charge you if they find that its stale fuel or dirty carb that's the problem.

This time of year is busy so maybe a queue. At the moment we are at a 3 week turn around.

Thank you, agreed. Although here at least in Texas, all 'warranty repair' service centers are independently owned and work as independent contractors having complete control of what they charge outside of the warranty repair.

Texas

Forum Newbie
Threads

View attachment 28349

OK. Starting fluid applied. And the engine rolled over! For a second and then died. But at least it rolled over. Repeat, same thing. Repeat, same thing. Repeat, same thing. Rolling over for a second each time fluid is applied, but not staying alive.

Do have a suggested next step?

Many thanks again for your knowledge.