Engine This is my Husq 625EX. It is new. It will not start. Advice sorely needed

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / This is my Husq 625EX. It is new. It will not start. Advice sorely needed
Check that the cut off solenoid unde the carb is working.
It should give a reasonable click. on and off as you turn the ignition on & off.
If your ears are not as good as they used to be you should also be able to feel it but unless you are cover with orange hair you will need another person to work the switch.:smile:

You can also remove the float bowl under the carb but put a catch dish under it to catch the fuel.
You are looking for dark coloured foul smelling fuel or water.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK. Starting fluid applied. And the engine rolled over! For a second and then died. But at least it rolled over. Repeat, same thing. Repeat, same thing. Repeat, same thing. Rolling over for a second each time fluid is applied, but not staying alive.

Do have a suggested next step?

Many thanks again for your knowledge.

I would say you need to remove the carb and give it a clean due to stale fuel so you may get charged at a dealer.
Try you tube for videos on how to do it.

Texas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check that the cut off solenoid unde the carb is working.
It should give a reasonable click. on and off as you turn the ignition on & off.
If your ears are not as good as they used to be you should also be able to feel it but unless you are cover with orange hair you will need another person to work the switch.:smile:

You can also remove the float bowl under the carb but put a catch dish under it to catch the fuel.
You are looking for dark coloured foul smelling fuel or water.

Thank you. It does not have an ignition switch. The fuel has been emptied and replaced with Tru-Fuel. Multiple times. The float has been cleaned. (Orange hair?)

I would say you need to remove the carb and give it a clean due to stale fuel so you may get charged at a dealer.
Try you tube for videos on how to do it.

OK, thank you. I'll see what I can find. It surprises me that one single tank of fuel on a brand new motor clogged my carb. I am not doubting it, it just say's a whole lot about this mower as my fuel was no more than 2 months old. My last Yard Machine lasted 10 years, maintenance free on the same fuel.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
You do have an ignition switch, but perhaps I should have said key switch or start switch.
When you turn the mower on the switch puts 12V into the fuel cut off solenoid which shuts off the fuel when you turn the engine off.
If it dosent open , you get no fuel past the float bowl to flow into the main jet.
And a single tank of bad fuel can gunk up the solenoid.
Also a hungry rodent can take a munch on the wires to the solenoid and that of course happens over night.

Orange hair ?

You can not have one hand on the solenoid and the other on the key switch unless you have extreamly long arms as would be found on a fellow primate with orange hair that swings from trees.

This isnt a tractor but a walk behind mower with no battery which of course dont have a solenoid.
Its briggs new 625ex series engine which is replacing the quantum.

primerbulb120

Threads
Bert, this is a push mower. It does not have a fuel cutoff solenoid.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Shall place the other foot in mouth and hobble off on knees to practice my model searching skills.
Quick replies allowed me to remove confusing incorrect irrevilant previous post.
Thank you all

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think Bert was suggesting an orange haired primate with really long arms who could thus both turn the key and be at the carb solenoid at the same time. This animal is know in Indonesia as the wise old man...the Orangutan. The reason I can suggest this is that I speak Australian.

Texas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update: Mower still will not start. Husqvarna customer service form the very beginning was possibly the worst in the game in as far as my own family's purchasing history. Sell you the mower (has their name on it anyway) but are free to wash their hands of your problem immediately as the warranty/repair falls on the maker of the engine (the engine being the likely cause of failed motor start) The engine company have their own processes you have to deal follow.

As it turns out after reading review after review today... we saw the same story over and over. Customer bought the 625ex (625 AWD), worked on day one and never started again. This mower model, although only a year in production has been discontinued and alot of folks are left to do what they can.

Me, I am selling my new mower for $20. Grateful to be rid of it and absolutely grateful never to purchase Husqvarna again. Perhaps it is industry norm, but what a disgraceful customer service model Husqvarna has in my opinion. Just baffles me they will be able to sustain it with today's review outlets.

Thanks for the help ya'll. Really appreciate it.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is the name of the game any more. I have heard the same story from John Deere owners.

primerbulb120

Threads
Update: Mower still will not start. Husqvarna customer service form the very beginning was possibly the worst in the game in as far as my own family's purchasing history. Sell you the mower (has their name on it anyway) but are free to wash their hands of your problem immediately as the warranty/repair falls on the maker of the engine (the engine being the likely cause of failed motor start) The engine company have their own processes you have to deal follow.

As it turns out after reading review after review today... we saw the same story over and over. Customer bought the 625ex (625 AWD), worked on day one and never started again. This mower model, although only a year in production has been discontinued and alot of folks are left to do what they can.

Me, I am selling my new mower for $20. Grateful to be rid of it and absolutely grateful never to purchase Husqvarna again. Perhaps it is industry norm, but what a disgraceful customer service model Husqvarna has in my opinion. Just baffles me they will be able to sustain it with today's review outlets.

Thanks for the help ya'll. Really appreciate it.

I can't believe you're selling it! Just spend 30-60 minutes cleaning the carb (very easy to clean) and the mower should run like new. I have a Troy-Bilt mower with that engine and I like it a lot.