Snapper LX170H Clean Up

jakesmurray

Threads
I recently picked this machine up for a good price. It is a LX170H, don't know the year. The previous owner bought all new steering parts for it, as someone stripped everything out (steering gear, steering shaft, and support box). The deck is still at the gentleman's house, as it has a sapling growing through it! The plan is to make it mowable again and sell it. It has a 16 hp Briggs Vanguard in it that does fire on starting fluid. It won't stay running, but I think that may be related to the fuel solenoid. Does this have to have 12v to open up? The wiring was all disconnected when I got this mower, so I may not have hooked things up correctly. I have attached a pic of it. It doesn't look like much now, but I'm getting her together one piece at a time... :thumbsup:

snapper.JPG

jakesmurray

Threads
I got the steering and dash all put back together. Still have to wire it and get the engine to stay running. Also still have to retrieve the deck. I've attached pics of the mower and the engine. :thumbsup:

snapper1.JPG

snapper2.JPG

jakesmurray

Threads
This thing is getting the boot early, I have too many other projects right now to put any more effort into it. I got it to stay running, turns out the anti-backfire solenoid was clogged and not disengaging. I cleaned it out, and now it disengages with the key. I got the deck thrown under it, but it needs work. Selling it as-is. The hydro tranny works, and the engine purrs. Hopefully someone will fix this machine up nice and use it. :thumbsup:

snap1.JPG

snap2.JPG

snap3.JPG

snap4.JPG

snap5.JPG

snap6.JPG

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can sale a Snapper for $200 more than any other mower out there. I would fix it and then sale it if I where you. That thing will bring close to $500 when done.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can sale a Snapper for $200 more than any other mower out there. I would fix it and then sale it if I where you. That thing will bring close to $500 when done.

I agree fix it and ask $500

jakesmurray

Threads
I appreciate the input guys. This thing needs more help than I'm willing to give it. It has a couple stuck pulleys, the wiring needs work, and the deck height system seems messed up. It's more of a timing thing for me. If I had the time, I would put it into this machine. I've got to pass this one on to someone else...

jakesmurray

Threads
Sold it this evening for $100... Hopefully the gentleman will get some good use out of it. :thumbsup: