Hustler Rapter sd 54

michigan_Rapter sd

Threads
Will be able to do these until may 18th - then will be unavailable till June 6th or so - - - - -

Ashtonman

Threads
Received my new label last week. Installed it today Thank you.
If there is an Hustler/Excel engineer here can you please explain why in world would you use letters and not numbers for the deck height adjustments? ?

Are numbers copyrighted by some other manufacturer for height adjustment? ?

Is that some kind of marketing trick to get you to buy a higher end model?? (With numbers)

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok think of it this way. If you put a number there then it had better be that number when cutting or someone will sue you because I wanted my grass to be X and it was Y.
Not the same for a or b now is it. Bean counters came up with this idea for home owners. Business men/woman just need it to cut and will put it in the hole that works with a little grumble but will not sue.

michigan_Rapter sd

Threads
when deck adjustments and even tire pressure will make a difference in actual height numbers may not be exact (on mine I measured right from the dealer for a benchmark) - but a number that is close is a lot easier for me than a letter that means nothing to me ,or worse my wife, so we can come close to what we are shooting for. and with not indication on the decal if it is inches or an arbitrary number most people will not find it worth it to go the manufactures home state to file the suit.
I used to work at a womens prison and the prisoners were raking in the dollars scamming old retires as they knew the people had to come to our county to sue - we did all we could to clue people in but saw many loose a great deal of money. with a business it is handled in district civil court too and not small claims so the rules are different (MIL is a retired atty for the state)