Snapper hivac?s/opinions

JBrzoz00

Threads
Looking at picking up a new Hivac this weekend. I've read good things about the speed they move and the bagging capability. Anyone opinion is appreciated.

JBrzoz00

Threads
P2185020

The self propelled walk behind style.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have the commercial version of this mower. I don't like it. For the few times that I used it it broke a lot. I hate that lever to make it go forward. It jabs me in the stomach and it's hard to move in tight corners when that think is sticking out. It's just sitting in my shop now. It's brand new. Kinda sucks since it's a nice mower.

JBrzoz00

Threads
What kind of mower do you use?

Mine will be for my own use, not commercially but I would like it to last a while.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
You mean appart from the Snapper? Exmark 30", Ferris, 48" and Ybravo 21".

The Snapper I barely use. I used like 5-10 times. Havn't touched it since.

JBrzoz00

Threads
No issues with the Ybravo then?

Would that be too overkill for a homeowner?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
YBravo is a good mower. Had a few kinks, but mostly my fault. Very good mower. Stripes like a godess.
Overkill in a way, but it will last forever.

Snapperfreak

Threads
Looking at picking up a new Hivac this weekend. I've read good things about the speed they move and the bagging capability. Anyone opinion is appreciated.

Don't know if I'm too late here but have u considered a Honda? I picked up an old HR194 a few months ago and it's amazing. Starts with almost no effort, mows damp grass with no problem, not quite as loud as my snappers. I got it because I got tired of damp grass plugging up the chute on the snappers. I'm just a homeowner but I sometimes have to mow when it's damp, especially in the spring. Im very impressed with Honda.

primerbulb120

Threads
Don't know if I'm too late here but have u considered a Honda? I picked up an old HR194 a few months ago and it's amazing. Starts with almost no effort, mows damp grass with no problem, not quite as loud as my snappers. I got it because I got tired of damp grass plugging up the chute on the snappers. I'm just a homeowner but I sometimes have to mow when it's damp, especially in the spring. Im very impressed with Honda.

I like the Hondas too. :biggrin: