Bad Boy pully change for Speed need help please

bigmacks

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am going from a 4 and 3/4 to a 5 and 3/4 pully change for speed purposes. What will i gain roughly in mph? Thank you for your input.

Is there a badboy section on here i could not find one? I have the new maverick. THanks

need advice

Last edited:

bigmacks

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Bad Boy pully change for Speed need help please any rough est?

I am going from a 4 and 3/4 to a 5 and 3/4 pully change for speed purposes. What will i gain roughly in mph? Thank you for your input.

Is there a badboy section on here i could not find one? I have the new maverick. THanks

need advice

Any rough est?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My advice, DON'T DO IT!!! You will have to change the belt also, and finding the correct size could be a nightmare. Then there is the area of the drives, could they handle the difference in speed or will the burn out prematurely? If you do try to do this, please right down what you have done, so a mechanic will not pull his/her hair out when repairs are needed. Finally, as soon as you try it, your warranty will be null and void on both the engine and unit.

bigmacks

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply no one has a answer so please close this thread.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You will gain about 4mph
Get a belt 1 inch longer.
Good luck and don't be mad when you burn up the hydro.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I guess my input was not the one he wanted to hear. Maybe I should have told him that it would work great and let him suffer the results. I'll bet when he tries it and blows out a hydro, he be looking for warranty service.

bigmacks

Forum Newbie
Threads
I guess my input was not the one he wanted to hear. Maybe I should have told him that it would work great and let him suffer the results. I'll bet when he tries it and blows out a hydro, he be looking for warranty service.

i was looking for the answer. it was about 4 mph and that i should not do it as the trannys will not hold up. Thank you for the answer.

Why will the trannys not hold up there ball bearings write? not being a smart guy i really do not know why they will not hold up.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
i was looking for the answer. it was about 4 mph and that i should not do it as the trannys will not hold up. Thank you for the answer. Why will the trannys not hold up there ball bearings write? not being a smart guy i really do not know why they will not hold up.
A hydro pump will only handle so many RPMs. It builds up to much pressure and blows the seals. I have had a couple tear up the gears.

demhustler

Threads
A hydro pump will only handle so many RPMs. It builds up to much pressure and blows the seals. I have had a couple tear up the gears.

exactly. he'll blow hydraulics. plus, cavitation will ruin everyting inside, not just seals. and when you see metal chips in the oil - hydraulics gone.
guys who did it to the free mowers for mud ride, saying - maximum you can squize from it before you kill it - it's 40 minutes of fun until it blows

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
exactly. he'll blow hydraulics. plus, cavitation will ruin everyting inside, not just seals. and when you see metal chips in the oil - hydraulics gone. guys who did it to the free mowers for mud ride, saying - maximum you can squize from it before you kill it - it's 40 minutes of fun until it blows

That's about how long I have got out of them. On a mud mower.