Plastic Cam Gear FD590V

Glyn Robinson

Threads
if i decide to do the upgrade, i will be removing the engine myself.

javjacob

Threads
Good choice! I did the same with my 345. I pulled the engine out, cleaned it up and had my friend who is a mechanic do it. He only charged me a friend rate of $100. Along with the cam/gear and gaskets I also got a water pump, oil pump gear, gov gears and the upgraded fuel pump. I also replaced the radiator hoses and flushed the radiator out.

The upgraded fuel pump has a drain hose that goes down through the frame. The original pump doesn't have a drain hose and if it fails like it did on mine it sprays fuel on the exhaust. Luckily mine didn't catch on fire :eek:

Glyn Robinson

Threads
i will do the same. i replaced the antifreeze and all hoses earlier this spring. i should have done the cam swap then. oh well lol

Glyn Robinson

Threads
talked to my dealer friday. labor would be 75.00 per hour for 3 hours with ME taking the engine out and taking it to them.

javjacob

Threads
$225 labor isn't too bad in all reality. That's if you don't have any other choices.

Glyn Robinson

Threads
I probably will be thinking the same once I get into it.

Glyn Robinson

Threads
hello guys,

i will be doing the cam swap soon, if nothing happens. do any of you that have done this have any tips?

thanks!