932 Turns over but won't start

Mr. Chicken

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone. I'm a first-time Grasshopper owner and a first-time forum poster. Hopefully someone out there can give me some advice.

I fired up my 932 for the first time yesterday and pulled it out of the shed. I shut it down in the driveway and came back a few minutes later with the intent to mow. I tried to start it up...and nothing. It would turn over, but it won't fire. I'm not a mechanic and I'm not a motor guy, but I do know that it's most likely a fuel or ignition issue. What should I do? Change the spark plugs? Check the fuel filter? Drain the gas and start over?

I'm also open to any advice for this mower in general. It's a 2003 I believe and has under 700 hours on it. I've never owned a Grasshopper before, but I've heard really good things so I jumped at the chance to pick this one up. Thanks in advance for any advice you can share. :)

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check fuses first, google: The Mower Shop, locate your mower, scroll down page for wiring diagram & fuses.

Mr. Chicken

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for sharing Mark. That is a great website!

Are these fuses specific parts for Grasshoppers or generic pieces that I can pick up anywhere, like an auto part store?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
They are just automotive fuses.

Mr. Chicken

Forum Newbie
Threads
Doesn't appear to be a fuse issue. Even though they looked okay, I went ahead and replaced them all. Still won't start.

Maybe it's a bad fuel issue? There wasn't much in there from sitting over the winter, but I can drain the tank and start over.

Maybe it's a bad spark plug? I hope to pull them later today and see what they look like.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK so next thing to check in my eyes would be all the safety switches. Handles out, break on, PTO off, and person in the seat.

Mr. Chicken

Forum Newbie
Threads
Checked all of those things prior to replacing the fuses. Still nothing.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Engine model number is needed.
I don't know if you have a fuel shut off valve or not but that is why I need model number.

Mr. Chicken

Forum Newbie
Threads
The verdict is in. I had a mechanic friend take a look and he determined that one of the ignition coils was bad - Denso 129700. Plugs look good so hopefully this will fix the issue. Thanks for all the advice. :)