Yardman shutting off

Bob_WV

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm in need of some help. My yardman is shutting off immediately once I let off the brake. Runs strong while the brake is engaged. If I keep the brake pressed and press forward, it will go as long as I feather the brake. Any thoughts or ideas? I have a yard-man model 791. Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The seat switch is faulty or there is a problem with the wires between the seat switch and the brake switch.
The mower thinks ( as much as a mower can think ) that you have fallen off and being pacifist shuts off rather than run you down.

Bob_WV

Forum Newbie
Threads
The seat switch is faulty or there is a problem with the wires between the seat switch and the brake switch.
The mower thinks ( as much as a mower can think ) that you have fallen off and being pacifist shuts off rather than run you down.

I have the seat safety unplugged. Any thought on how to trouble shoot it at the brake switch? I have no experience with electrical on mowers.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So if you have no idea about mower electrics why is the only safety switch that really is a good idea to have working unplugged ? :confused2:

Was it working properly befoe with the switch unpluged ?

MTD oft put a second realy in as dose JD to prevent idiots injuring themselves by disconnecting the plug.

The clutch/ brake safety switch works both on the starting circuit and the cut out safety circuit.
Some times it is a 2 part switch and other times it just works seperate relays.

IF there is no operator present aa detected by the seat switch and the parking brake is not applied the engine shuts down, for very obvious reasons.
AS the engine is both starting and shutting down as it is supposed to do there is absolutely nothing wrong with the brake switch. It is working exactly as it is supposed to do.

If you want an further help you will need to post the model number of the mower as there are hundresd of different Yardman models.

Bob_WV

Forum Newbie
Threads
So if you have no idea about mower electrics why is the only safety switch that really is a good idea to have working unplugged ? :confused2:

Was it working properly befoe with the switch unpluged ?

MTD oft put a second realy in as dose JD to prevent idiots injuring themselves by disconnecting the plug.

The clutch/ brake safety switch works both on the starting circuit and the cut out safety circuit.
Some times it is a 2 part switch and other times it just works seperate relays.

IF there is no operator present aa detected by the seat switch and the parking brake is not applied the engine shuts down, for very obvious reasons.
AS the engine is both starting and shutting down as it is supposed to do there is absolutely nothing wrong with the brake switch. It is working exactly as it is supposed to do.

If you want an further help you will need to post the model number of the mower as there are hundresd of different Yardman models.
It's a model 791, I listed this above. It has ran with no problems with the seat switch unplugged for a long time now. I will plug it back in too see if this stops the issue.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
We are looking for the actual model number not the name of the mower. The model number will look like this "13AN791G755"