Small Zero Turn

Levi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you maybe considered buying a better mower or should I say a higher end mower that you could maybe get off Craigslist used. Sometimes you can get a low hour mower/ztr at a good price.

Thanks to all for the input and a great idea to check out used mowers. I must ask: What is considered a low hour ztr, say 300-400 hours?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks to all for the input and a great idea to check out used mowers. I must ask: What is considered a low hour ztr, say 300-400 hours?

That would depend on the mower and it's age. How has the mower been used? Residential or commercially. MY preference would be to buy from a commercial operator rather than a residential owner. Reasoning behind that is the greatest percentage of the commercial guys will take care of there equipment because it's there bread and butter so to speak, where the residential people tend to ignore there equipment and IMO most residential owners will be buying equipment from HD or Lowes and we know what that stuff is.

If you can find a decent commercial mower with three or four hundred hours in the price range your looking in I'd snap it up in a heart beat. Even as high as eight or nine hundred hours, it's still a better quality more than a cheap residential mower. jmo.

Levi

Forum Newbie
Threads
"
That would depend on the mower and it's age. How has the mower been used? Residential or commercially. MY preference would be to buy from a commercial operator rather than a residential owner. Reasoning behind that is the greatest percentage of the commercial guys will take care of there equipment because it's there bread and butter so to speak, where the residential people tend to ignore there equipment and IMO most residential owners will be buying equipment from HD or Lowes and we know what that stuff is.

If you can find a decent commercial mower with three or four hundred hours in the price range your looking in I'd snap it up in a heart beat. Even as high as eight or nine hundred hours, it's still a better quality more than a cheap residential mower. jmo.

Thank you. Makes total sense to me. I now plan to go after a 42" machine rather than the smaller size as they are more readily available. Just need to figure out hoe to store it as my garage space is limited and outside storage sheds are not allowed in our 55+ community.

Thanks again for you time with this.

Levi

'

Last edited by a moderator:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
"

Thank you. Makes total sense to me. I now plan to go after a 42" machine rather than the smaller size as they are more readily available. Just need to figure out hoe to store it as my garage space is limited and outside storage sheds are not allowed in our 55+ community.

Thanks again for you time with this.

Levi

Yeah I know about storage sheds in 55+ community's