Rocky, hillside on 1 acre.

gstuartw

Forum Newbie
Threads
We own a cottage on a lake in north Texas which sits on about an acre of sloping rocky terrain. The John Deere that my brother in law brought from his house died last year and we need to replace it. I'm interested in what brand or type of riding mower will stand up to the harsh conditions of bumping over uneven terrain, climbing and descending hills and hitting rocks. I know the blade is the most abused part so we don't need to address frequent sharpenings but rather ease of access in that regards. More important is keeping the engine oiled. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Stuart

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
My old John Deere model 68 has been mowing the lawn that you just described for years now and still going. Buy a cheap used mower and just keep pounding away at them rocks.

primerbulb120

Threads
We own a cottage on a lake in north Texas which sits on about an acre of sloping rocky terrain. The John Deere that my brother in law brought from his house died last year and we need to replace it. I'm interested in what brand or type of riding mower will stand up to the harsh conditions of bumping over uneven terrain, climbing and descending hills and hitting rocks. I know the blade is the most abused part so we don't need to address frequent sharpenings but rather ease of access in that regards. More important is keeping the engine oiled. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Stuart

I agree with Reynoldston about getting a used mower. I wouldn't recommend another John Deere though. Parts are too expensive.