Engine Engine won't crank

YardMachine65

Forum Newbie
Threads
Brand NEW battery - BRAND New Selinoid. I Can start it just fine by jumping the selinoid, but thats the only way.
Could my ignition switch be bad? I'm lost. aNY HELP? SUGGESTIONS.? This is a yard machine 20hp model 46sd (MTD)
:confused2:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Start with a wiring diagram, its like a road map to the wiring. Yes one of the many things it could be the ignition switch, loose wires, safety switch, etc.

YardMachine65

Forum Newbie
Threads
If it were a safety switch issue then it would not run correct? im really leaning toward ignition switch, but really appreciate the thoughts.....i do have another tractor so maybe i'll try a swap of the ignition switch tomorrow. Keep the ideas coming.
Thanks in Advance

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
two sets of safety circuits.
One prevents the engine from cranking
the other earths out the magneto.

Jumping the solenoind means nothing to any one here as it could be any one of 1/2 dozen things.

Go to the MTD web site and download your parts book.
In the back will be a wiring diagram

As you have decided not to tell us exactly what you have you wil have to post the wiring diagram so we can walk you through it.

YardMachine65

Forum Newbie
Threads
SOLVED - Thank you to those who said saftey switch. When I was trying to crank this over The tractor was Jacked up in neutral and panels removed. I failed to notice that the Brake Clutch was NOT Down and in the Parking Brake positin. Duh....Once I did that it fires right up with out issues. Thanks again for the feedback and replys. Needless to say i'm NOT a mechanic by trade, but I try, to do what I can, if that counts. lol Have a GREAT Weekend everyone. Its going to be 70 Degrees to in NW Pennsylvania. : )