Upgrading to Zero Turn....

mich3210

Threads
Upgrading to Zero Turn.... JD vs. Hustler vs. Gravely

I purchased a Husqvarna GT52XLS Garden Tractor 2 years ago. To be honest, I hate it and wish I had bought a ZT then.

I have a limited budget of around $4k. I have about 3 acres of uneven lawn to mow. I have about 20 trees, a house, pool and gardens to mow around. I have problems with scalping and uneven cuts with the 52" deck, so I'm looking to step down in size to something in the 42-48" size. Grass is mixed bag, with areas that get very damp. I have local dealers that sell Gravely, Hustler and Toro.

Suggestions out of these:

Hustler Raptor SD 48" Deck Kawasaki - $3899 < Last one in stock with Kawi motor. Next shipment will have the Kohler 7000.

Gravely ZT XL 42" Deck Kohler 7000 Pro - $3999
Gravely ZT XL 48" Deck Kohler 7000 Pro - $4099

If I can get the one with the Kawi motor would that be the best choice? If motors are equal and all have the Kohler, which machine is the best?

Thanks!

Last edited:

mich3210

Threads
There is also a local JD Dealer that I'm going to call regarding their models.

Update:

The JD dealer has 2 models that are in my price range.

Z435 48" Deck Briggs M44 Cyclonic - $3699
Z535 48" Deck Briggs M44 Cyclonic - $3999

Last edited:

Good 1 Brian

Threads
I just got done shopping for zero turn mowers and ended up buying a Raptor 42" SD with a Kohler 7000 Pro Series motor
The Kawasaki Motor on last year model my guess is the FR series Kawasaki entry level motor .

May or not be true , I read with 2 blades you have less scalping ?

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just got done shopping for zero turn mowers and ended up buying a Raptor 42" SD with a Kohler 7000 Pro Series motor
The Kawasaki Motor on last year model my guess is the FR series Kawasaki entry level motor .

May or not be true , I read with 2 blades you have less scalping ?

The Raptor SD is a very good mower. You should like it much better than your lawn tractor.