Repairs Ferris Pro-Cut 61" Will Not Move

Harris55

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Ferris Pro-Cut 61" mower. Currently the engine runs, the blades engage and the deck will hydraulically tilt. However, when you depress the forward and reverse pedal the mower will not move. I lifted the mower into the air and tried to see if the wheels would spin, they did spin, but slowly and you could stop them with your hand.

Does anybody have a suggestion as to what is wrong? Is it the belt, hydraulic motors, hydraulic pump? I do have another Pro-Cut that had an engine fire so I do have a spare pump, and motors.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Belt or spring for that belt. It is very rare for both pumps to go out at same time. The pumps do share one belt.

Harris55

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for your response.

Do you know the procedure to change this belt? I would assume you would need to remove the belt clutch to get the belt above the clutch?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
All I had to do an my Husqvarna was to drop my lower belt to remove the drive belt. I don't know about yours. No experience with them.

nokia6650

Forum Newbie
Threads
nokia6650 : I have a Ferris PCZ22K 61" cut mower and have the same question that Harris55 had back in 2016. I Do not see an answer - so - does anyone know how to install a new hydraulic pump belt??? My belt shredded yesterday! Have ordered a new one and since I am there I ordered a new deck belt also. The idler pulley is about 1/16" from the body of the mower.

Thanks to anyone able to help.

thespyderbyte

Forum Newbie
Threads
nokia6650 : I have a Ferris PCZ22K 61" cut mower and have the same question that Harris55 had back in 2016. I Do not see an answer - so - does anyone know how to install a new hydraulic pump belt??? My belt shredded yesterday! Have ordered a new one and since I am there I ordered a new deck belt also. The idler pulley is about 1/16" from the body of the mower.

Thanks to anyone able to help.

I have a Ferris commercial pro cut 61 S, model H2222K, just ordered a hydro belt for it (Ferris 5021105). It stopped on the side of the house. To get to this belt I took a jack and jacked up the left side when your sitting on the mower, took that tire off and placed axle on a block. Took the gas can loose and moved it to the side to get right under that area. Under the mower stick your head under the mower, look straight up and you will see a black piece of rubber with two bolts in it, take those two nuts off and pull the rubber off the bolts. You can spend the rubber piece around. There is an electrical connection their too, disconnect it. Loosen the long belt that is going to the front to turn your blades. You can now remove the belt. You have to work it off the fan that is under where the gas tank is. Just go into reverse replacing the new belt on. There is one Ferris mower hydro belt change on you tube, a 50 inch walk behind, almost the same set up but if wasn't for that removal of that rubber piece with the two bolts through it I would still be scratching my head on how to get the new belt on, my old belt was shredded. To do the tension on the belt I will have a rope on the tension bar and have someone to pull on it to place the new belt on. Hope this works for you. Also when you have that left tire off and you have a leak from the transmission you can get a real good view from that angle to change or tightening a hose.