Bronco PTO belt 754-0497 seems to loosen, Help!

darenve

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just replaced the PTO 754-0497 belt and mower was working well. I ran through it through weeds and had to slow down to allow the blades to expel the cut weeds. Afterwords the belt seemed very loose. In fact, while the PTO belt was causing the blades to spin, they spun very slow and couldn't cut. So it looks like the belt assemblies, PTO from engine and the deck belt, while spinning with the PTO lever engaged, didn't seem to have enough tension in the PTO 754-0497 belt to spin the deck belt at the normal speed. Did I stretch the PTO belt or is there something else going on? Specifically, is it normal for the belt to stretch from the high load or is it something else in the configuration that is causing this (springs, tensioning, etc.)

Thanks,
Daren

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
We need the model number to look up parts and such if we are going to be able to help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hoist the mower up and get under the deck.
Chances you will find some thing wrapped around the blade spindles.

darenve

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just replaced the PTO 754-0497 belt and mower was working well. I ran through it through weeds and had to slow down to allow the blades to expel the cut weeds. Afterwords the belt seemed very loose. In fact, while the PTO belt was causing the blades to spin, they spun very slow and couldn't cut. So it looks like the belt assemblies, PTO from engine and the deck belt, while spinning with the PTO lever engaged, didn't seem to have enough tension in the PTO 754-0497 belt to spin the deck belt at the normal speed. Did I stretch the PTO belt or is there something else going on? Specifically, is it normal for the belt to stretch from the high load or is it something else in the configuration that is causing this (springs, tensioning, etc.)

Thanks,
Daren

Thanks for the replies. The Troy Bilt Model # is 37746-13AJ609G766. Also, the blades are brand new.

darenve

Forum Newbie
Threads
The blades are new and the model # is 37746-13AJ609G766.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Firstly you did not and can not stretch a belt.
Belts do not stretch.
Chains stretch due to wear in the link plates and pins.
Belts get thinner because they contact on the V sides,
As they get thinner they sit deeper in the pully thus go slack.

Have you checked under the deck ?