Homelite gas trimmer will not bump line;

lewb

Threads
I have had this trimmer for several years. Every time I need line I have to stop and manually release the line. Any recommendations on technique or what to look for in spool. It has never bumped line out just to be clear.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
My recommendation is to replace head with Husqvarna T25 or T35 depending on size of engine.

This is not you issue but I had someone come to me once and tell me his trimmer would not advance line. I have to take it apart to get more line. Can you fix it for me? Took it apart and found the string wound backwards. I had a nice (in my head only) laugh about that.

lewb

Threads
My recommendation is to replace head with Husqvarna T25 or T35 depending on size of engine.

This is not you issue but I had someone come to me once and tell me his trimmer would not advance line. I have to take it apart to get more line. Can you fix it for me? Took it apart and found the string wound backwards. I had a nice (in my head only) laugh about that.

That will use the same threads as the homelite? its a 26 cc, Thanks

lewb

Threads
Looks like the threads are different unless someone else can better info that what I can find.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is a universal replacement head comes with multi connections. T35 would work the best for the size of your motor.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wait around for the others to reply. I know others in hear have other ideas as well. I just do not remember what they like.

primerbulb120

Threads
I recommend the Homelite/Ryobi 309562007 trimmer head. I use them on several of my trimmers. The best part about them is that you can rewind the line without taking the head apart.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have experience with Ryobi and Sears weedwackers for many years. I abuse mine when edging and even weed heavily with them .090 line. What happens is that when they are forced to "dig in" to earth the resistance causes the line on the head to tighten so it cannot release. If I am cutting weeds as the manufacturer intended there is no problem until , again, excess load is transmitted into the line wound on the spool. In this case like trimming close to a chain link fence where the fence fights back , like the dirt . When I am abusing the trimmer I just expect to have to undo the hex LH nut often and loosen the line and rewind it. This can happen at frequent intervals , like every 10 minutes or ever more frequently. When properly placed back on the shaft before tightening the LH screw (not very tight) I always do "a proof of action" by pushing down the wound cartridge to see that it is free to move in and out as in "bump" action. If it is not it can be due to dirt/grass accumulation which must be removed. I also clean and place a light coating of grease on the shaft and spool (plastic), which helps. An interesting angle on the wind direction: there are arrows on my Ryobi head to show which way to wind. When it died I transferred the snap on shaft with the bump head to the Sears. It would not bump properly so on a hunch I reversed the wind direction and voila!. I guess that means the Sears engine is running backwards from the Ryobi, but have never really pursued. Again I bet this is way more than anyone wanted to hear on this subject.:laughing:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Get a speed feed 400
I use them on every trimmer.
Works on clockwise and counterclockwise trimmers.
Less than a minute to change line.
Best part is you never have to replace the whole head. They sell a kit comes with the bottom and a new spring.