B&S 917.377131

mikehouse

Threads
This walk behind self propelled mower has not and does not start simply.I have redone the carb twice (middle of last summer and Saturday 4/09/16),Replaced all gaskets but when priming I don't hear any gas moving.Checked the primer bulb,all is good there.Just cant figure this mystery out.Any Ideas?:confused2:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please post the Briggs model number. You have posted the craftsman model number. This will make it easier for us to help, when we don't have to go to Sears Parts Direct. Thank you.

mikehouse

Threads
actually 917.377131 IS the model number.I also have the serial number too:011601M 017644.Hope this is it.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Engine model number will be next to the exhaust somewhere.

917 means it was built by Husqvarna
377131 is for sears to tell them options on the mower.

Briggs and Stratton model numbers look like 666666 4444 22
Model Number, Type, & Code
This is how you find it briggsandstratton.com/na/en_us/support/faqs/browse/engine-codes-model-numbers.html

mikehouse

Threads
Model:12H802
Type:2640-B1
Code:01010858

primerbulb120

Threads
Spray some starting fluid down the carb throat and try to start it. If it starts and dies, it's not getting fuel. If it starts and continues to run, the primer bulb is not working.

mikehouse

Threads
Thanks PrimerBulb120.That's the beginning of this mystery.Primer bulb SEEMS okay.No rot,no holes,maybe it just needs to be replaced then.Thanks.Now the other question is if it's not getting could that mean theres a blockage?Like I said,i just "rebuilt" the carb last week with new gaskets and cleaner,and checked all the holes.I'm truly a novice at this and am pretty intrigued with the small motor knowledge you guys have.Thanks for your time and sharing.

primerbulb120

Threads
Thanks PrimerBulb120.That's the beginning of this mystery.Primer bulb SEEMS okay.No rot,no holes,maybe it just needs to be replaced then.Thanks.Now the other question is if it's not getting could that mean theres a blockage?Like I said,i just "rebuilt" the carb last week with new gaskets and cleaner,and checked all the holes.I'm truly a novice at this and am pretty intrigued with the small motor knowledge you guys have.Thanks for your time and sharing.

Could you post a picture of the primer bulb and a picture of the engine? That way I can make sure you have the correct primer bulb and tell you if it needs replacing.

mikehouse

Threads
A year + later.Thanks for your input.Lawnmower runs like a champ,still.I believe my problem was the valve seating gasket.I once again,THOROUGHLY,had rebuilt the carb paying extra attention to this area and gasket.Still doesn't push gas,but the fumes works fine for me.Just have to pump it a lot of times then 1 pull.I'm happy with that.Thanks for your input.