JS63 has no torque.

LeeH

Threads
Hi all, newbie here.

I stored my JS63 with fuel left it (rookie error) last season. I drained the fuel, added new. It starts and seems to run fine. But, as soon as it has to do any sort of work it stalls very easily especially when its self-propelling.

I have ordered a service kit (it was done last year) and a tin of carb cleaner for me to service it this weekend. I'll clean the carb up too.

If anybody has any other ideas I would appreciate the help.

Lee :ashamed:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Quoting motoman
"Lots of this in the forum.The enrichment circuit in the carb is not working properly. The fuel mix must approach 14:1 for the engine to run properly. When the throttle butterfly is opened a lean-out condition is created which will not support power demand or even running at no load. The carburetor has a puddle of gas (float bowl) which can pass heavily or lightly into the intake stream depending upon demand (governor sensing load). But if the tiny passage holes are dirty or plugged not enough gas can be admitted so hand choking forces more gas into the stream. But this is over rich and will not develop power when the engine is hot, only foul the plugs and wash oil off the cyl walls, causing you more problems. Use the search function to learn how to clean out the little holes in the carb."

LeeH

Threads
Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

LeeH22

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK, for some reason I cannot log into my account....

I have cleaned the carb using an ultrasonic cleaner as it was a mess. It looks perfectly clean now but I'm still having issues.

It still stalls very easily.

It revs high when I open the throttle by had, stops when I fully close it and seems to settle out to normal when I let go.

HELP! :confused2:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Run a fine wire through all the little holes in the carb. I was told by a wise man to use a bread tie. Take the outside coating off.

LeeH22

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I'll buy a new carb like I should have done.

£8 for a service kit, £20 for a new carb.

I'll know for sure then if it's that or not.

Cheers.