Roundup for tree stump

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
On the generic roundup it has Glyphosate in form isopropylamine salt. I have no doubt at all that there are many items that can kill the roots.
There are many root killers, stump killers in the US, so don't know what your root kill is.

Just for the hell of it I decided to chat with Roundup. There reply was to use Ortho Max Poison & Tough Brush killer concentrate or Roundup Poison & Tough Brush killer concentrate and paint on freshly cut stump or drill holes 3" deep and 2-3" apart.
Not as far fetched as I originally thought.

There are a bunch of different company's that thing like Root Kill/stump remover. Spectrcide makes stump killer, Zep makes Root kill, Ortho Max Poison & Brush killer. Just do a search on the Home Depot or Lowes site. They have the Brush killer made by Round up and they also have the HDX brand which is the Home Depot brand. The big difference in the weed and grass killer concentrate Round Up and the HDX brand is the percentage of the main ingredient. Round Up is like 58% glycophosphate vs 41% in the HDX brand.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do not recommend Round up for this application but we can buy 41% Glyophosphate for like $39 for a 2 1/2 gallon jug. It works great for spot spraying. Memory serves me correctly 3 oz to a gallon of water.

ingigo

Threads
saw stump to ground level

drill 1 inch holes, deep , middle , and shallow. Fill with diesel fuel. do over a couple seasons until underground stump is saturated in diesel . Light diesel with more diesel and a Long stick on fire.
enjoy the longest campfire ever...

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
saw stump to ground level

drill 1 inch holes, deep , middle , and shallow. Fill with diesel fuel. do over a couple seasons until underground stump is saturated in diesel . Light diesel with more diesel and a Long stick on fire.
enjoy the longest campfire ever...

The authority's frown on that kind of stuff around here, besides it not being very environmentally friendly.

possum

Threads
Fuel oil poured into drilled holes works well. But then so did lighting an old tire on fire 50 years ago. Both will get you jail time here in town now days. Glyphosate is and has been a stump killer for a long time. PBI Gordon sells one from Tractor Supply that is called stump killer and has nothing but glyphosate in it. The best one I know of is Tordon RTU. Tractor supply and most farm coops have it. It will kill Siberian Elm trees in one season. And they never come back. More commonly known as Chinese Elm but really are not at least in Kansas. Farmers kill hedge trees by the millions around here with glyphosate and or Tordon. The Tordon here is considered to be better than fire on medium to large to very large cedar trees as well as hedge trees of any size.