Mower deck Toro Sw4200 washout issue

georeedy

Threads
Hello, just bought a new SW 4200 and I'm having a problem using the wash out port on the mulching deck. I attach the hose, engage the blades and very little water comes out. I need to sit my daughter in the seat to keep the blades going while I push the house into the adapter to get a decent flow. Even then, the deck doesn't clean, only a few blades, not the clumps. Have a 22' toro walk behind with wash out that works fine. Am I doing something wrong???

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
plug it in turn the water on hard then engage the blades with the deck fairly low to the ground.
ul speed of 5 to 10 minutes.
get your daughter to turn off the water. Disconnect the hose and drive onto something hard like a drivewau or road.
leave the blades spinning for another 5 to 10 minute then raise the deck fully and shut down.

This last bit is important.
If you leave it over the spot where you washed the grass out it will draw up water into the spindles as they cool down & kill the spindle bearings in no time flat.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check your hose adapter and deck connector, have seen a couple that are plugged.

georeedy

Threads
Thanks to both of you. Yeah, I've been spinning the blades over the driveway after to dry. Had a push mower that rusted out from not doing that. I'll check the adapters, both are new so I would hope they're not clogged.. But who knows. Thanks!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Also if the connector was not in a package it could be the wrong one. I have seen sales people give them away.

georeedy

Threads
Thanks, it was one that a salesman gave me, the mower didn't come with the adaptor, went back to the store and they gave me one. Guess I should call Toro and see if it's the right one. Would've thought they were universal on all Toros, but I guess not.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mot are a strait hole, some at an angle and I think I remeber seeing one with a right angle discharge.

georeedy

Threads
Yes, this one is a right angle spigot off the deck, you attach an adapter to the spigot and the hose to the adapter. Not getting enough water through the spigot, none unless I hold the hose tight against the adapter, which I can't do if I'm sitting on the mower. The blades stop if I get off the seat so I have to have someone sit on the mower while I jam the house up tight against the adapter

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The hose end snap fitting should lock onto the wash out port.
If not then some thing is mismatched.
Not sure what hose fittings you have there in the USA but we use a camlock fitting with an O ring seal commonly caled a snap lock.

georeedy

Threads
It's a toro adapter, it screws onto the hose, then snaps into the spigot on the deck. I believe (manual is unclear) that you just snap it on, engage the blades, and the water is supposed to flow through. That doesn't happen. I engage the blades and very little water flows through. I need to hold the adapter tight against the spigot for water to flow, and the only way to do that is to get off the mower.