My Big Dog!!!

BigRed150

Threads
I love the mower. I do part time lawn service with it.

image.jpeg

Golphin

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a Alpha 2 days ago and the difference I can tell was the Hustler that the local Lowes was selling was about $300. cheaper but did not have the nicer seat with arm rest or the engine guard. I think those options are worth more than the difference in price.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The big dog alpha 52 inch is the next new mower I am getting.
They are awesome mowers. I will be replacing my Toro's with them.

gundog

Threads
No doubt they are an excellent mower however, comparing the specs on the Big Dog Diablo MP vs. the comparable Hustler Super Z with the same engine, there is some minor differences such as the Super Z is longer in length and weighs more. The deck is also a different deck as the Diablo 60 inch deck takes 21 inch blades and the Super Z takes 20.5 inch blades for the 60 inch VX4 deck. I can only assume there may be some minor difference in the smaller mowers as well. Both are exceptionally well built with only a minor differences. I would not hesitate to buy either one. Also compare the warranties as there is also a difference in them. The Big Dog 7 year warranty does not cover all the parts such in the power train for 7 years and the after 3 years only parts are covered from what I see on their web site. I did check them out close before making my last purchase but my main reason for selecting the Hustler that I wanted the best commercial mower in my opinion I could buy which is the Hustler Super Z HD and which Big Dog does not have one to compete and having faith in the dealer who carried the Hustler brand. However, I will admit I probably bought more mower than I really needed with the Super Z HD when the regular Super Z would be more than adequate and which the Diablo compares with very favorably.