Rebuilding B&S 24hp V-Twin engine thats had Diesel run through it

monalisa

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Rebuilding B&S 24hp V-Twin engine thats had Diesel run through it
Hello to all:
Neighbor of mine had the village idiot farm sit. He put diesel in her Husky riding mower & run it til she quit. I putter with Harley engines,buy the parts, farm-out the machine work to auto machine shops,and assemble the parts.
Can the same be done with the 24V? I'm gonna tear it down irregardless. How much of the top end is rebuild-able or throwaway... like the carb? I didn't find anything in the crankcase oil and am hoping the damage is confined to rings and a valve job,.. Oil is pouring out the exhaust won't know til I'm into it.
A new motor is $600. What do y-all think a new top side and carb will set her back? I need help with a good parts supplier, and a downloadable service/tech manual. Any other advice....sing out. Thanks,and Happy Trails

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:
Please do not post the same in two different sub sections of the forum.

It gets very confusing

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If all that was done is have diesel run through it, there is no reason to tear the engine down. Clean and flush the crankcase a couple times, possibly rebuilt the carb, replace plugs.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you have the time you will probably enjoy how simple the Intek is. The parts are available. I would crack test everything before buying parts. The heads only come with full valve gear , IMO. I'm not sure you can overbore these guys, no kits?