A little help please with choice of Zero Turns

subvet

Threads
Hi,
I have been looking at high end residential ZT mowers and at Entry level Commercial.
I am currently cutting 2 yards, each are approx 1 acre, 1-2 times a week.
I am currently mowing with a JD 2210 sub compact tractor with a 60" deck and a JD LX277 48" deck.
Unfortunately my LX277 may suddenly need to be replaced....
I find my self in a situation to make a discussion with limited time.
All my choice I believe are currently overkill... but I think if invest now it will be my last purchase for a primary mower.

The Time limitation I face is because of special fleet pricing Gravely is offering for only one day.
I will list the mowers I am looking at with the prices I can get them and includes all special pricing/discounts offered by the dealers.

Gravley Pro turn, 52"- $5808, 60"- $6080 (one day only fleet price)
HG-ZT3200, Kaw FS, 52"-10ga deck, 60"-7 ga, 22" rear wheel, 13" front whhel, 52" - 936 lbs, 60"- 963 lbs,

Bad Boy Maverick, 54"- $6299, 60'- $6399
HG-ZT3200, Kaw FS, 3/16" (7ga), 23" rear wheel, 13" front wheel, 54" 871 lbs, 61" 925 lbs,

Husqvarna MZT, 52" - $5384 , 61"- $5616 Husqvarna trimmer included in price.
HG-ZT3400, Kaw FS, 11 ga deck, 23" rear wheel, 13" front wheel, 52" 760 lbs, 61" 790 lbs,

Toro Titan MX, 54" $5450, 60" $5686 (includes military discount)
HG-ZT3100, Kaw, 10 ga deck, 22" rear wheel, 13" front wheel, weight??,

Gravely, Bad Boy, Toro Dealers are all local (within 15 mins) Husqvana about 30-45 mins

Thank You for any feedback and/or suggestions

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi,
I have been looking at high end residential ZT mowers and at Entry level Commercial.
I am currently cutting 2 yards, each are approx 1 acre, 1-2 times a week.
I am currently mowing with a JD 2210 sub compact tractor with a 60" deck and a JD LX277 48" deck.
Unfortunately my LX277 may suddenly need to be replaced....
I find my self in a situation to make a discussion with limited time.
All my choice I believe are currently overkill... but I think if invest now it will be my last purchase for a primary mower.

The Time limitation I face is because of special fleet pricing Gravely is offering for only one day.
I will list the mowers I am looking at with the prices I can get them and includes all special pricing/discounts offered by the dealers.

Gravley Pro turn, 52"- $5808, 60"- $6080 (one day only fleet price)
HG-ZT3200, Kaw FS, 52"-10ga deck, 60"-7 ga, 22" rear wheel, 13" front whhel, 52" - 936 lbs, 60"- 963 lbs,

Bad Boy Maverick, 54"- $6299, 60'- $6399
HG-ZT3200, Kaw FS, 3/16" (7ga), 23" rear wheel, 13" front wheel, 54" 871 lbs, 61" 925 lbs,

Husqvarna MZT, 52" - $5384 , 61"- $5616 Husqvarna trimmer included in price.
HG-ZT3400, Kaw FS, 11 ga deck, 23" rear wheel, 13" front wheel, 52" 760 lbs, 61" 790 lbs,

Toro Titan MX, 54" $5450, 60" $5686 (includes military discount)
HG-ZT3100, Kaw, 10 ga deck, 22" rear wheel, 13" front wheel, weight??,

Gravely, Bad Boy, Toro Dealers are all local (within 15 mins) Husqvana about 30-45 mins

Thank You for any feedback and/or suggestions

Any one of the mowers could easily handle what you are doing. All are very good mowers. The Husqvarna gives you the most bang for your buck, as it offers the best drive train of them all. The rest are comparable. The Toro is just a step below as far as drive train, but is still a great mower. Dealer support should be one of the deciding factors in your mower choice. See if the dealers will let you try out the mowers you are considering. Around here, dealers have demo mowers that they let potential customers use. Everyone on here is going to give you an opinion and will be a little biased to what they run. You should choose the mower you like the best.

subvet

Threads
Comparing part for part The Husqvarna MZT come out ahead...then the Gravely Proturn / Bad Boy Maverick would pull second place.
If I did not know any better, just looking objectively part for part the MZT wins. My concern with the Husqvarna for whatever reason does not seem to have high opinions from other dealers. I recall a statement such as: "Just dont buy a Husqvarna".
I just dont know if there is any substance to the ill feelings toward the Husqvarna. I am not familiar with any of the various dealers around me, never dealt with any of them. In fact I have only dealt with the Husqvarna dealer "Jacks Small Engines" and that is ony for buying parts. They actually also carry Toro and Gravely.

I am tending to lean toward the Gravely Proturn or the Husq MZT

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I love my Toro's but out of your list I would get the bad boy as it will be the next new mower I buy.
I used one for a week and fell in love with it. The pulley set up for the blades is what sold me. In thick wet grass the engine never bogged down. People think it's the size of the engine that powers the blades three thick grass. But it has more to do with deck design and the pulley size.
The deck did not dip to one side on fast turns. The quality of the cut was better then my toro or scag. I would say about the same as the snapper pro.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Comparing part for part The Husqvarna MZT come out ahead...then the Gravely Proturn / Bad Boy Maverick would pull second place.
If I did not know any better, just looking objectively part for part the MZT wins. My concern with the Husqvarna for whatever reason does not seem to have high opinions from other dealers. I recall a statement such as: "Just dont buy a Husqvarna".
I just dont know if there is any substance to the ill feelings toward the Husqvarna. I am not familiar with any of the various dealers around me, never dealt with any of them. In fact I have only dealt with the Husqvarna dealer "Jacks Small Engines" and that is ony for buying parts. They actually also carry Toro and Gravely.

If your leaning toward the Gravely Pro-Turn I'd go with it. I run the Pro-Turn 48" and 72" and there a great mower and leave a great looking cut. I cut 15 plus acres a week and never had any issues with the Pro-Turns.

kingb0305

Threads

The dealer that carries three of the four you're considering should be able to give you a fairly un-biased opinion of at least those that they carry. What do they say about the Gravely, Husqvarna, and Toro? Do they recommend one over the other? I was also looking at the mowers you are now and ultimately decided and ordered the MZT this week. Reason being, it had more commercial parts than the others (zt3400, cast iron spindles, larger tires, etc) and was priced super competitively. I realize more commercial parts may not necessarily mean a better mower, but it gets good reviews, and in a market segment where everything is so similar, that is what I used to help make my decision.

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The dealer that carries three of the four you're considering should be able to give you a fairly un-biased opinion of at least those that they carry. What do they say about the Gravely, Husqvarna, and Toro? Do they recommend one over the other? I was also looking at the mowers you are now and ultimately decided and ordered the MZT this week. Reason being, it had more commercial parts than the others (zt3400, cast iron spindles, larger tires, etc) and was priced super competitively. I realize more commercial parts may not necessarily mean a better mower, but it gets good reviews, and in a market segment where everything is so similar, that is what I used to help make my decision.

A dealer pushes you toward what he needs to get out of inventory and what he makes the most money on.

kingb0305

Threads
A dealer pushes you toward what he needs to get out of inventory and what he makes the most money on.

True, and definitely something to keep in mind, but if you know a little bit about the machines (and I assume if you are on this forum, you've done some research), then you can tell if the dealer is BSing you. If you think a dealer is pushing you based soley on their need, then I wouldn't buy from that dealer. The shop I have a relationship with, and who I ultimately ordered my mower from, carries SCAG, Husqvarna, and Gravely. They had the SCAG and Gravely in stock that I was looking at, but helped me weight the pros and cons and ended up ordering a non-stock Husky unit for me and even took some money off.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like you found a good dealer. I have not found one here.

subvet

Threads
I love my Toro's but out of your list I would get the bad boy as it will be the next new mower I buy.
I used one for a week and fell in love with it. The pulley set up for the blades is what sold me. In thick wet grass the engine never bogged down. People think it's the size of the engine that powers the blades three thick grass. But it has more to do with deck design and the pulley size.
The deck did not dip to one side on fast turns. The quality of the cut was better then my toro or scag. I would say about the same as the snapper pro.

I liked the Bad Boy very much, although it had the highest price, it also had the most "features".
I was slightly turned off when the BB dealer said just don't buy Husqvarna, when I asked why the reply was dont by a brand you can buy from a big box store. I responded with Bad Boys are available at TSC, then they said well only the lower residential ones. I told then TSC had the Maverick and they found it hard to believe. I think Big Box stores typically only carry residential models of any brand ie: JD, Cub Cadet, Hustler, Toro...etc

Maybe I have to find another BB dealer