A little help please with choice of Zero Turns

subvet

Threads
If your leaning toward the Gravely Pro-Turn I'd go with it. I run the Pro-Turn 48" and 72" and there a great mower and leave a great looking cut. I cut 15 plus acres a week and never had any issues with the Pro-Turns.

Yes, Leaning to Husqvarna or Gravely, the Husky dealer also had Gravely, no preference from the dealer.

subvet

Threads
A dealer pushes you toward what he needs to get out of inventory and what he makes the most money on.

True, and definitely something to keep in mind, but if you know a little bit about the machines (and I assume if you are on this forum, you've done some research), then you can tell if the dealer is BSing you. If you think a dealer is pushing you based soley on their need, then I wouldn't buy from that dealer. The shop I have a relationship with, and who I ultimately ordered my mower from, carries SCAG, Husqvarna, and Gravely. They had the SCAG and Gravely in stock that I was looking at, but helped me weight the pros and cons and ended up ordering a non-stock Husky unit for me and even took some money off.

Jacks Small Engines Carry Toro Gravely and Huqvarna, Nice folks, but only dealt with them in parts and they are the farthest away. The when I asked they did not favor anyone of the 3 brands over each other.

I like both the Husky and Gravely, Why did you choose the Husky over the Gravely? 52" or 61"
Just too many choices :confused2:

kingb0305

Threads
I like both the Husky and Gravely, Why did you choose the Husky over the Gravely? 52" or 61"
Just too many choices :confused2:

I got the 52", any larger wouldn't fit in my trailer :wink: and choose the Husqvarna because of price and a little better components. I don't have experience with either brand so heavily relied on this forum, some friends in the lawn care business, and my dealer.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi,
I have been looking at high end residential ZT mowers and at Entry level Commercial.
I am currently cutting 2 yards, each are approx 1 acre, 1-2 times a week.
I am currently mowing with a JD 2210 sub compact tractor with a 60" deck and a JD LX277 48" deck.
Unfortunately my LX277 may suddenly need to be replaced....
I find my self in a situation to make a discussion with limited time.
All my choice I believe are currently overkill... but I think if invest now it will be my last purchase for a primary mower.

The Time limitation I face is because of special fleet pricing Gravely is offering for only one day.
I will list the mowers I am looking at with the prices I can get them and includes all special pricing/discounts offered by the dealers.

Gravley Pro turn, 52"- $5808, 60"- $6080 (one day only fleet price)
HG-ZT3200, Kaw FS, 52"-10ga deck, 60"-7 ga, 22" rear wheel, 13" front whhel, 52" - 936 lbs, 60"- 963 lbs,

Bad Boy Maverick, 54"- $6299, 60'- $6399
HG-ZT3200, Kaw FS, 3/16" (7ga), 23" rear wheel, 13" front wheel, 54" 871 lbs, 61" 925 lbs,

Husqvarna MZT, 52" - $5384 , 61"- $5616 Husqvarna trimmer included in price.
HG-ZT3400, Kaw FS, 11 ga deck, 23" rear wheel, 13" front wheel, 52" 760 lbs, 61" 790 lbs,

Toro Titan MX, 54" $5450, 60" $5686 (includes military discount)
HG-ZT3100, Kaw, 10 ga deck, 22" rear wheel, 13" front wheel, weight??,

Gravely, Bad Boy, Toro Dealers are all local (within 15 mins) Husqvana about 30-45 mins

Thank You for any feedback and/or suggestions

In all actuality the differences in the mowers are not really worth mentioning especially when you consider the mowing you'll be doing. They all are running the Kawasaki FS engines, they are all running low end commercial drives which if you really get down to it there's not enough difference between them to mention.
The decks being 10 and 11 ga leaves a lot to be desired, the Bad Boy if I'm reading your post correctly with a 7ga would be a plus but any of the the decks will do the job your looking at because your not going to be mowing 5 or 6 days a week or 70 or 80 lawns a week where a 7ga would make a difference. Any of the machines your looking at will give you good service.

The thing is like I said I use the Gravely Pro-Turns at work and they do a great job one has a 3400 drive the 72 has a 5400 drive but for my own personal business It's Toro with the 3400 drive and the Turbo Force deck and a Kawasaki FX engine. I feel like they are or have a reputation of being one of most reliable machine/mowers going and the Turbo Force deck is awesome. JMO

kingb0305

Threads
Hey subvet, did you make a decision? Curious to know what you went with and why.

subvet

Threads
Hey subvet, did you make a decision? Curious to know what you went with and why.
I did make a decision and
I want to Thank everyone on here for their help / opinions. :thumbsup:

Last week I also took a look at Kubota and Ferris
The Kubota was way high and dealer would not budge.
The Ferris was Nice, I liked the 700 but it was almost 1K over Gravely

I just pulled the trigger on a Gravely Pro Turn 60. :biggrin:
Hopefully will be delivered Thursday.

Reasons: well like everyone was saying components were all relatively equal... and that is the reason I had narrowed it down to these models, so it really came down to the dealer.
I liked the Husqvarna/Gravely Dealer, but they were like 40 mins away (26 miles)

The Local Gravely Dealer is on the other side of town (<5 miles) Small family business.
District Gravely sales rep had fleet pricing promotion.

kingb0305

Threads
I did make a decision and
I want to Thank everyone on here for their help / opinions. :thumbsup:

Last week I also took a look at Kubota and Ferris
The Kubota was way high and dealer would not budge.
The Ferris was Nice, I liked the 700 but it was almost 1K over Gravely

I just pulled the trigger on a Gravely Pro Turn 60. :biggrin:
Hopefully will be delivered Thursday.

Reasons: well like everyone was saying components were all relatively equal... and that is the reason I had narrowed it down to these models, so it really came down to the dealer.
I liked the Husqvarna/Gravely Dealer, but they were like 40 mins away (26 miles)

The Local Gravely Dealer is on the other side of town (<5 miles) Small family business.
District Gravely sales rep had fleet pricing promotion.

Very good! Congrats on the new mower, and I'm sure the small family business very much appreciated your decision.

subvet

Threads
Big Thanks to all of you for your help

Here is my 2016 Gravely Pro Turn 60
just delivered this afternoon :thumbsup:

Here is a pic, dont know how to make it show up here but clicking on it works

160414GravelyProturn60-s.jpg

Last edited:

MILITARIA

Forum Newbie
Threads
I certainly am no expert but I would not trade my Bad Boy after 4 years of running it. It is 60" of cut & cut. Cuts time and money when you boil it down. I think the Bad Boy is an excellent choice. I cut about 10 acres at lease twice a month with no complaint. unless something serious happens, my next will be the Bad Boy. The only problem I have is it doesn't weed eat good. When I try to get to close to young trees on the discharge side it will cut them down. No fault of the mower , just the driver. LOL