Fast Track super duty 54" change hydraulic motor belt?

dalealan

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Fast Track super duty 54" change hydraulic motor belt?
It looks dropdead simple, drop the deck belt off the engine pulley. Release tension on hydraulic belt idler and remove the belt, replace in opposite order. Or am I missing something here.
Dale

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes you need to be a double jointed contortinist to get your fingers in there.
Every thing is plainly visible but almost impossible to get to.
reverse the mower up on some car ramps. truck ones would be better so you an lay flat on your back and work comfortably.
Leave it for a while to get dead cold you don't want burns getting in the way of the grazes.
Put a long spanner on the nut on the tensioning pulley arm to take the tension off the pulley.
Give it a spin without a belt, if it rumbles & grumbles ( sound like my missus ) then replace the pulley now.
Grease the arm pivot while you are under there the go and get the grazes on your knuckles treated so you don't bleed into your beer.

LeakyGasket

Threads
Yes you need to be a double jointed contortinist to get your fingers in there.
Every thing is plainly visible but almost impossible to get to.
reverse the mower up on some car ramps. truck ones would be better so you an lay flat on your back and work comfortably.
Leave it for a while to get dead cold you don't want burns getting in the way of the grazes.
Put a long spanner on the nut on the tensioning pulley arm to take the tension off the pulley.
Give it a spin without a belt, if it rumbles & grumbles ( sound like my missus ) then replace the pulley now.
Grease the arm pivot while you are under there the go and get the grazes on your knuckles treated so you don't bleed into your beer.

That's some funny stuff right there.