lawn boy tork tuff self propelled model 10591

lewb

Threads
I have an issue with one wheel. Left wheel works just fine when pulley is engaged. The drive on the right side will spin only after giving it a spin, and when you load it the wheel stops. I took it apart and there was a rubber washer that is damaged. On the good side the washer is intact. The friction ring must aid in keeping the slide key engaged with the washer clutch. My guess is that it could have not been greased or just wore out. Anyway I am replacing both sides as well as the washer clutches. 31 and 32 in diagram.

https://polr.partstree.com/v1/iplim...HRpb25zIjthOjE6e3M6NToid2lkdGgiO2k6MTAwMDt9fQ

lewb

Threads
Update; installed new friction rings and the plastic coupler on both axles, Both wheels turn correctly as they are suppose to. I would recommend that you grease the wheel assembly twice a year for a normal home owner.

lewb

Threads
Another issue that has come up with the self propel. I installed a new belt because I figured out the reason why the mower does not go uphill very well was because the belt was slipping. If you are not aware how the torq tuff works is the belt runs all the time compared to the dura force where the transmission pivots to tighten the belt when you pull the lever. The torq tuff uses a lever that puts transmission into neutral when you release the handle and puts it in gear when you engage the handle. Anyway since I installed the new belt the lever that put transmission into and out of gear seems to stick in gear when I release the handle. I lubed it up and helped some, I am wondering if the spring that pulls it out of gear is the issue or if there is something else that is causing it to stick. I can pull it backwards and it will then shift out when sticking.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like the cable is sticking in the cable sleeve. I get white lithium grease and spray it in the sleeve until it comes out the other end. Any kind of tape that sticks well will work for getting the red tube from the can to attach to the cable to get it in the sleeve.

lewb

Threads
Ok, I think I have the sticking in gear issue figured out. The lever to place tran in gear and out of gear works properly. The issue is the belt is just a little too tight. I replaced it with a toro belt that must be just a touch too tight. As soon as I lift the rear with the lever disengaged the wheels stop, if the load on the wheels stays the wheels keep on driving. I am hoping that the belt will stretch a bit with use, now that I know what issue is its not too bad to deal with.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Glad too hear you have a work around.

beg

Threads
Been down that road with too tight a belt on a Toro had to get one size bigger