Repairs HRX217VYA handle repair

johnny honda

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I purchased a used 2015 model HRX217VYA. The plastic Select Drive handle is broken in 3 places and was glued back together again (not very well). I am replacing it and ordered the new part 53112-VH7-T30. In order to remove the broken part I also had to disassemble the speed control handle assembly. My question is, when I reassemble the speed control assembly, how should the plastic screw gears be oriented? I was not smart enough to take a picture before I removed it. There are 2 guide lines on the handle section and I am wondering if I should center the control knob screw gear between the lines. Any suggestions on the procedure for putting this back together? I have attached 2 pictures below

My second question, I was reading on this forum that this model has a 5 year warranty, would the original warranty transfer to me since I am not the original buyer? I do have my receipt, but I don't think the company I bought it from is an authorized Honda distributor. The rest of the mower seems in perfect condition and it runs flawlessly, but it would be nice to have the 5 year warranty to protect against future issues. Thanks! IMG_2375.JPG IMG_2377.JPG

Last edited:

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I purchased a used 2015 model HRX217VYA. The plastic Select Drive handle is broken...Any suggestions on the procedure for putting this back together? I have attached 2 pictures below

My second question, I was reading on this forum that this model has a 5 year warranty, would the original warranty transfer to me since I am not the original buyer?

Drop me a private message with your email, and I can send you a few pages to show how the Select Drive goes back together. You do need to set some timing marks on the gears, FYI.

Next, include the full serial number off the back of the mower deck, and I'll check the warranty status. Include a name and address, so if there's warranty left, I can updated Honda's database and get you listed as the current owner. Honda asks for this in the unlikely event there is ever a product safety recall and needs to contact you.