Needs some help here guys

estacadaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I have a 2 yr old Murry mower with a B&S engine 500 E series. My question is this: It wouldn't start, and I noticed a nipple sticking out of the carb where a 1/8 hose at one time was connected, so I figured that was the prob so I got a hose for it, now I cant figure out where the other end goes onto...I have looked at Youtube videos, asked people etc. I found a msg board that said one in goes to carb, and the other goes in behind primer bulb...I see nothing to connect it to at the primer bulb, all I see is a lil hole behind the bulb with a screen in it, nothing to connect a hose up to...anyway I sure hope you can help me, this mower only has about 6 hrs on it. Thanks Dave

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
On the valve cover or the muffler heat shield will be some numbers Model. type code & serial.
We need them all to check up parts & service information the series 500E covers a multitude of sins.

estacadaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply Bert..I think Im getting it, the truth is it was just a rubber cap I think. I had it running but not for long, I have to push the primer button in and out to keep it running, next step is to clean carb, its been sitting for 6 months...thanks again.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It sounds like you are describing the all plastic carb, with the nipple on the side that doesn't connect to anything, but shows a primer hose that connects to it but doesn't have the remote primer.

If so remove the carb, and the bowl, there is a jet on the side of the tower looking thing that gets clogged. also may need to pull the center piece out to do further cleaning.

that nipple has cause about 3-4 threads over the last year wondering what connects to it.

estacadaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
It sounds like you are describing the all plastic carb, with the nipple on the side that doesn't connect to anything, but shows a primer hose that connects to it but doesn't have the remote primer.

If so remove the carb, and the bowl, there is a jet on the side of the tower looking thing that gets clogged. also may need to pull the center piece out to do further cleaning.

that nipple has cause about 3-4 threads over the last year wondering what connects to it.

Thanks guys...I got it running like a champ now :)