Deciding on new mower for 1 1/2 - 2 acres.

bullcity83

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I am sure this scenario has been discussed here dozens of times but...

I have been looking around at new riding mowers and need to make a decision soon. I have a little over 1 1/2 flat acres with only a few large tress. Only looking to cut grass and no need to pull, blow, plow, etc. I have small budget ( $1500-2000 ). Had some pretty bad luck with the last USED mower I purchased ( Husqvarna w/ Vanguard ) and I want something with a warranty. I know most will say everything new at this price point is junk but... This is my budget and I don't want a busted mower with no warranty again.

I have narrowed it down to the Cub Cadet XT1 LT46 or the Husqvarna YTH22V46. Both are same HP, same price, same deck size, and warranties are the same. My concerns are:
Kohler VS B&S
Lowes VS Cub "dealer" in regards to warranty work.

As of today Lowes is running $100 OFF Husqvarna riding mowers ( Until 4/16 ) This would make it a $100 difference between the two.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads

I have been looking around at new riding mowers and need to make a decision soon. I have a little over 1 1/2 flat acres with only a few large tress. Only looking to cut grass and no need to pull, blow, plow, etc. I have small budget ( $1500-2000 ). Had some pretty bad luck with the last USED mower I purchased ( Husqvarna w/ Vanguard ) and I want something with a warranty. I know most will say everything new at this price point is junk but... This is my budget and I don't want a busted mower with no warranty again.

I have narrowed it down to the Cub Cadet XT1 LT46 or the Husqvarna YTH22V46. Both are same HP, same price, same deck size, and warranties are the same. My concerns are:
Kohler VS B&S

As of today Lowes is running $100 OFF Husqvarna riding mowers ( Until 4/16 ) This would make it a $100 difference between the two.

If you want a mower with a warranty then buy from the dealer. Dealers will do warranty work on mowers that they have sold before they will a mower from Lowes. Any mower you purchase that comes with a warranty will have to go to a dealer for repairs.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Kohler VS B&S

I'd go with the Cub Cadet, there a real good machine. I really liked my old LT 1045 and the Kohler Pro grade 7000 series is a good engine. I'd also buy from a dealer if possible but HD wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. The Dealer would still do the warranty work, it would just come after the commercial guys machines and the dealers residential customers.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Let hope the big box stores never start doing warranty work.