Troy Built Mustang RZT built 2007 Hesitates to go forward

T.J.Brown

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Troy Built Mustang RZT built 2007 Hesitates to go forward
I have a question regarding my 2007 Troy Built Mustang RZT: I have tried researching why my mower hesitates to go forward when I push both levers at the same time? I have noticed that sometimes it will move forward if I move the levers slower forward and will go faster over time. I just want to know if there is something I need to check or adjust before we get into summer?

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds as if your drive belt is not working correctly. The tensioner pulley may not be moving as it should. Or belt just needs to be replaced. Poke around under the rear of the mower and see what you can see. A model number would be great so I can research it better.

T.J.Brown

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds as if your drive belt is not working correctly. The tensioner pulley may not be moving as it should. Or belt just needs to be replaced. Poke around under the rear of the mower and see what you can see. A model number would be great so I can research it better.

Model:17AF2ACP756 Serial:1F047G20131

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is the engine model number.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

T.J.Brown

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok lets try this again "17AF2ACP766" is the engine model number not the mower.

The manual starts by sending in your model number which is on the plate under the seat whih is 17AF2ACP766(249880) with serial #1F047G20131. I checked the belt and everything appeared to be ok.When I was mowing part of the time one side would want to go faster and then it wouldn't want to go at all unless I would push the handles slowly forward and that didn't always worked..T mower would come to a complete stop when I tried going up a small bank so I would have to go backwards to get on the flat and then go forward again.I appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow yesterday I could not find squat for your mower and today I can find everything.
make sure part#2 moves freely. You will have to move belt off pulley part#10. Make sure part#6 is there and connected on both ends.
troy built.gif