Repairs john deere z225 zero turn issues

ccochran123

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a john deere z225 zero turn lawn mower and when I crank it up. I can't release the brake or it will go dead. Do you have any answers for this issue?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The seat switch is not activating and the mower thinks you have fallen off so it shuts down the engine.
These are a bit tricky as it is all done with earth wires so you are looking for an earth short.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
The seat switch is not activating and the mower thinks you have fallen off so it shuts down the engine.
These are a bit tricky as it is all done with earth wires so you are looking for an earth short.

It's funny how different cultures describe things differently. I like the terms you use, but sometimes it takes a second to realize what you are describing. What you refer to as earth wires in Australia, we refer to as ground wires in the U.S.. I do like reading your answers. I went to college with a girl from Australia. I liked her accent. It didn't hurt that she was tall, blond, and athletic either. I believe you are right about the switch. It is easy to bypass if the op doesn't want to replace it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Tall blonde & athletic describes about 1/2 the women in Australia.
Biggest participation sport down here is nettball ( similar to basket ball ) something like 50% of the female population play it.
Which is how a country of 30,000,000 can be competative against a country of 300,000,000 in a sport we don't actually play.
Earth = ground = return
More than 2 countries seperated by a common language.