Sprung replacement seat for ride on mower- any advantages ?

charentejohn

Threads
  • / Sprung replacement seat for ride on mower- any advantages ?
Hi
I am guessing this comes under operation or mowers, especially as it involves operaror comfort ?

I have an MTD ride on, basic model, which is a great little mower but has no suspension and solid seat. I am fine with this but my wife likes to cut the grass but gets backache from being thrown around.
Ground here is about3" of clay soil on stone so not easy to level, I am trying but new tank traps appear regularly.

I am looking at seats with a gas ram as suspension, but would they help. Even helping a bit would do.
I guess being thrown side to side will not improve much but may take out the sudden drops. Not a huge amount of extra height can be added, hence the smaller seats would fit I think.

Anyone tried these ? Any advice appreciated, I will probably buy one anyway but perhaps there is something better (apart from buying a bigger and better mower....)
John

charentejohn

Threads
  • / Sprung replacement seat for ride on mower- any advantages ?
Hi all
Nobody has any actual experience of this but I do now so can give some info.
The sprung seat (springs and shock absorber behind the seat back type) does help so an improvement over the original low back 'tractor' seat design which was fixed to the mower.

I noticed a slight difference but my wife found a greater improvement.
For me there was never a real problem so I didn't need much help, then again I did find no slightly aching back after an hour which I often had.

Over all as this cost 80 Euros £60+ it was worth it as my wife can now do the mowing which she likes doing. Only the jolting around stopped her before.
So if you do have problems worth considering.
John