Throttle Lever won't stay on Fast, keeps slipping to Slow

ConsiderThis

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Throttle Lever won't stay on Fast, keeps slipping to Slow
I just bought a used Honda HRR216VXA (on Craigslist) and used it the first time today. Got it going fine but every 30 seconds or so, the throttle lever would slip back to the slow position. It was extremely annoying--I kept having to push it back up to Fast. Is there a possible quick fix for this or does it need to be replaced?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Im just guessing here. Bolt that holds it on the handle bars, try tighten it.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Winging this suggestion. I can envision a little metal crank with a little nut- on-screw to tighen the "wave" type crank. It is easy to over tighten such a little crank which stretches the hole ID to where it cannot clamp onto the shaft. If that is so you "might" be able to squeeze down the ID. You might also work harden and break it. Try closing up the crank to max and measuring the ID in comparison with OD of the shaft.

ConsiderThis

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the advice--I went out this morning and tightened the small nut to pull the throttle lever housing closer together. That seemed to do the trick--didn't slip into slow mode a single time after that, with 25 minutes of mowing.

Ava.Feret

Threads
If you look at the diagram for parts. You will see the lever control. It has notches on it and they wear. I have seen this many times and it is always replacing the lever. It is held into position by a spring.You have to take your time replacing the lever.

Rosstershooter

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did this project last year. There is a throttle control lever spring that nees replacing. Youtube video available to show you how to repair.