John Deere 500X

tcnrepairs

Threads
testing a 500x and after mowing for a while (1 hour) the engine starts to bog and miss (almost like getting off the seat). If I let it idle for a minute with the PTO disengaged it runs well but only for 10 minutes and then does the same thing

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like you might have some sort of blockage in the fuel line. Check the lines, filter and tank for debris.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
make up some sort of alternative fuel tank and try again.
Problem solved = problem with fuel delivery , clog in tank tumes , failing pump etc etc.

tcnrepairs

Threads
testing a 500x and after mowing for a while (1 hour) the engine starts to bog and miss (almost like getting off the seat). If I let it idle for a minute with the PTO disengaged it runs well but only for 10 minutes and then does the same thing

give it a try
thanks tcn

tcnrepairs

Threads
Still having problems. Pulled tanked and flushed the system.(lots of gravel in tank). After getting the mower running I pulled the fuel line after the fuel pump and a very good stream of fuel. I let the machine run at medium speed in the shop and it ran for an hour with no load but when I made a pass in the front yard with PTO engaged the engine bogged down and eventually quit. Any ideas? Carb?
Thanks TCN

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Next time it shuts down ASAP check to see it you have spark. If you have no spark, your coil may be going bad and developing either a hot short or hot open. Either cause would mean that the coil needs to be replaced.

tcnrepairs

Threads
noticed when shutting the unit off that the fuel shut off solenoid doesn't shut the engine down immediately but takes up 10 seconds.is this normal? when it starts to die it will fire right back up so could this still be coils?
tcn

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is not normal but we still need to check both. When you turn the key does the fuel solenoid open? Then when you turn the key off does the solenoid close? Do not check this with the engine running check it with the engine off . Then the next time it shuts down check to see if you have spark.