I may have lived too long

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
It figures I'm about a decade behind....Still sneakers are basically ugly. Next comprhensive accident insurance to cover sprains to the shoe.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There called the Hyper Adapt 1.0 and they don't actually lace themselves. The batteries activate a series of pulleys that tighten the laces when you put your foot inside. Crap they've had lights on sneakers for years. Laceups sneakers are such a big stretch.

Very important that or how will your feet see wher they are going.
Almost as vital to modern life as lights under the sills of your car,:confused2:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very important that or how will your feet see where they are going.
Almost as vital to modern life as lights under the sills of your car,:confused2:

Nobody said it was important. They're a lot of things I know that don't make sense to you as living in today's times doesn't make sense to you. The Hyper Adapt 1.0 sneaker will probably make Nike a ton of money because it will be a must have for every kid in the world. Technology makes money and money makes the world go round.

DaveTN

Threads
:confused2: More crazy inventions for a lazy/crazy society eh? Have you guys seen
the U-Tube video of the guys who can flat out tie a shoe lace in 1 second? Amazing.
I wonder if the battery-powered automatic contraption for $400 could do it that fast? :laughing:

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is a "stripper " shoe that only tightens, The de luxe ties fast. And there is a michael jackson app for the dance- challenged.

Mikel1

Threads
I thought Velcro was simple enough, guess not.
I recall the lights on the shoes, didn't stay popular long.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sports shoes with lights on them was actually an Australian invention.
They were made so spors technicians could see exactly what an athletes foot was doing, how the ankle was bending & twisting.
The also pit a piezo electronic cell in there which allowed them to work out exactly how hard the feet were striking the ground .

deck~dragger

Threads
Shoes that tighten when you put your foot in them. The only use one can make of this if it were designed for a elderly or handicapped person, then they may actually be of some importance. What's next, belts? Heaven forbid, neckties:tongue: