bagger for fabricated decks

RJL1

Threads
I took delivery of a YT48XLS yesterday and was informed by my dealer we ordered the wrong bagging system. I need the one with an internal blower motor at over double the price. I went on the Husqvarna site and noticed it only received 1.6 stars out of 5 in the review section but I couldn't read the reviews. Anyone here have this particular bagger or know anything about it?

Thanks

Bob

Alaguy

Threads
Check the reviews at mowersdirect, some good , some not so good. It sounds like it fits 2 decks, a 42 & a 48 inch, for that kind of money, I would want it to fit my deck. I know a 42 inch has a different circumference than a 48, I wouldn't want to "trim" the shroud , then it belongs to you, for $840, it ought to fit right out of the box, good luck.

RJL1

Threads
Well I didn't want to have to deal with the low reviews and the crazy price of the three bag system for this machine so I called my dealer and they took it back and dropped off the YTH24V48 model. The triple bagger should arrive in a week or so. I know I'm stepping down a bit in the engine department and no limited slip rear. Oh well, I can deal. The machine that just arrived looks to be well built and the only thing I'm gonna add is a front bumper of some type. Can't wait to try it out.

ingigo

Threads
You should have plenty of engine HP if you make sure to not let the grass get too long. Did either of the mowers have a fabricated deck with two pulleys on the right side? one the lower with the blade belt and no belt on the upper one? I was told it was for some turbo bagger option, but it just prevents me from raising my deck all the way. The engineers "missed" that they said.

RJL1

Threads
I had the same machine you have. You need the big dog grass catcher that needs to run off of the mower deck belts. There's a fan that attatches to the discharge shute and is supposed to create more of a suction to pull the grass from under the fabricated deck that you have. If you look under your deck there are alot of baffles and such. I read a lot of reviews saying the performance of the nearly $1000.00 bagging system leaves alot to be desired. Google it, you'll see what I'm talikng about.

ingigo

Threads
I do not bag, but either way, it is a PITA. Love those engineers. IT'S BEEN OVER A YEAR and I am getting a bit, agitated. I may save for a plane ticket to Sweden.

I need to think of something to attach to that extra pulley, like a small generator.

gchalifoux

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need advice on YT48xls deck and bagging system. I have been using this tractor at our church now for a few years and realized that (A) can't bring the deck up high enough due to that monster power blower/bagging system attached to what I assume is the "FAB DECK" ??
I want to go to a standard deck and bagging system for many reasons, but mostly because this thing is scalping the crap out of my lawn.
So I am googling for a replacement standard deck for this beast.....
If anyone can assist with a source and or part# I'd certainly appreciate it!!!!
thanks/Gary

gchalifoux

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just spoke to a local Husqvarna dealer. He states that the fab deck can not be replaced with a stamped deck. Something about pulleys and fitment issues etc. So my only choice is to figure out what is causing this thing to sit completely lopsided towards the turbo blowers/discharge side of the unit. Also states I should be able to adjust/lift the deck all the way up if in fact this ting was installed properly.
The only other thing I can come up with is....did someone (LIKE LOWES) managed to incorrectly install a fab deck on a tractor that is not designed for it!!!!!
ANYONE?? input welcome....
thanks