good way to level your mower deck?

gmacmopar

Threads
I have a 54 inch mower deck on this 425 John Deere that my neighbor gave me. Just got the deck on it the other day is there a good way to see that it is level before trying to mow? Do I need to get the ht adj first then lower or raise my gauge wheels? I don't have a book on this but I think I will try to find one.

Thanks Gary Mac

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Model number and I should be able to get you the book.

gmacmopar

Threads
Model number and I should be able to get you the book.

Thanks! Well the number on the deck is what I presume you need? This is number on the deck #M054HDA084235

Thank you very much!

Gary Mac

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like you have a hydrolic deck adjuster, from what I can tell no adjustment needed.
1. Park tractor on a hard, level surface.

M71478

2. Pull back hydraulic control lever (A) and raise mower as high as it will go.

3. Adjust mower wheels.

M71481

4. Flip open crank handle (B). Crank height control counterclockwise far enough to permit mower to be lowered to surface. Do not turn lever too far, height control may be damaged.

NOTE: NOTE: One full rotation of height control equals approximately 12.5 mm (1/2 in.) of height adjustment.

5. Lower mower to desired cutting height with hydraulic control lever.

IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Be sure to raise mower before changing height.

6. Crank height control clockwise until it is tight to lock mower in set cutting height. Close crank.

7. To LOCK mower in completely raised position:

· Raise mower as high as it will go using the hydraulic control lever.

· Crank height control clockwise until it is tight. Close crank.

gmacmopar

Threads
Thanks a lot there BlazNT that helps a lot and I for sure probably would've messed up the ht control not knowing all about that. Is that number you put down the number of the book I need? M71478

Thanks again my friend!!!!!!!
Gary Mac

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I copied and pasted off web site and they showed up on the paste. No idea what they are for.

hayboy

Threads
One of those little yellow plastic gauges from JD will measure your blades, don't cost much and works great. They slip under the deck and touch the tip of the blade showing exact height and also front to back.