Hustler Xone i

jeepking1

Forum Newbie
Threads
60" deck. Where is a good source for reasonably priced blades?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looks like Blaz & I will lock horns on this one.
Down here we get a lot of really cheap Chineese made blades that "LOOK EXACTLY LIKE THE FACTORY ONES"
However that is where the similarity ends, they look the same,
Some are made from plain low carbon steel so bend , twist and do not hold an edge , othere are case hardened so vanish once they are sharpened while others still are made from high carbon steel and are sharp & hard, way too hard and have been known to shatter when they hit a rock, root etc.

Apart from a waste of money, who do you sue when a lump of flying blade strikes some thing or some one ?
A non entity on evilbay that will vanish without trace overnight ?
Will your insurance cover you when you have fitted cheap non certified blades to save a few $$$ ?

Factory blades are generally higer priced because they are better and have guarantees and product liability insurance.
In many cases they end up being cheaper because they last longer.

However if you are poverty struck and can not afford the few dollars more any of the aftermarket parts supliers can supply you with aftermarket blades that also have product liability insurance.
Oregon , Stens & Rotary all do aftermarket blades and many of the companies that pay for this site stock them like Jacks for instance.
Oregon have a web site that list stockists as do Stens don't know about Rotary I get their blades through one of my wholesalers who again carries product liability insurance.
And just because a blade pictured on evilbay has the name of a well known maker on them does not guarantee they are in fact bona fide " Ah what name you want me put on blade"
There are more fake Oregon chain saw bars on the web than Oregon make in a year and you even see them on fake Stihl chansaws becaues the forger does not know Stihl fit their own bars.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
No locking horns hear. I buy only quality blades for my mower. Doing a little research on the blade you need will get you cheaper blades off of ebay as long as you pay attention to what you are buying. I got 9 g6 blades off of ebay for under $100.00 shipped. I have to pay over $50 for 3 in town. Now also remember that not a single lawn mower manufacture makes their own blades. So lets not go there.

jeepking1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm not looking to buy cheap blades, my property is hard on them, and I want blades that will hold up as best as they can.
I was just wondering about sources to find them besides an actual Hustler dealer.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm going to move you thread on over to the Hustler section for more ideas.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I also get mine off eBay.
Almost half price for the exact same blade.

Carheir

Threads
Don't know where you live but if you have an agri supply they have the gator blades. That is what I run on my X1i and they are tough as nails. I got a little too close to an apple tree and the blade got into it and the mower didn't even shudder. If I hadn't backed off when I did. I'm confident the tree would have come down. It made a believer of me. ?

jeepking1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Gator blades, eh? That sounds like what I need. Thanks