Repairs hrb 215 sxa 2 speed

dclu1997

Forum Newbie
Threads
just installed a new transmission because the bearing for the gear the pulley is attached to was bad, the drive wheels moved but had very little power, after installing the new transmission, there still is very little power to the wheels,it acts just like the old transmision did, Question ; how much power should be at the wheels?, if I lift the deck up the wheels move fine,when I drop it down it does not have a enough power to even move the mower on a flat concrete surface, I have adjusted the cables per the manual, and the belt is not slipping,,any ideas anybody???? Thanks

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
just installed a new transmission because the bearing for the gear the pulley is attached to was bad, the drive wheels moved but had very little power, after installing the new transmission, there still is very little power to the wheels,it acts just like the old transmision did, Question ; how much power should be at the wheels?, if I lift the deck up the wheels move fine,when I drop it down it does not have a enough power to even move the mower on a flat concrete surface, I have adjusted the cables per the manual, and the belt is not slipping,,any ideas anybody???? Thanks

What is the mower's serial number? I can look up some service details:

lmserialnumber_zps63822669.jpg

Some early HRM models had weak welds on the drive clutch lever, which could mean the lever breaks, and not allow full stroke of the drive clutch cable. Inspect and correctly adjust the drive clutch cable.

Make sure the tensioner spring and clutch return springs are properly fitted:

accessories

kge4166

Forum Newbie
Threads
What is the mower's serial number? I can look up some service details:

lmserialnumber_zps63822669.jpg

Some early HRM models had weak welds on the drive clutch lever, which could mean the lever breaks, and not allow full stroke of the drive clutch cable. Inspect and correctly adjust the drive clutch cable.

Make sure the tensioner spring and clutch return springs are properly fitted:

accessories

I have a hrm215 sxa. There seems to be only one speed. I’m guessing it’s the lower one. The lever doesn’t seem to go all the way forward to engage 2nd speed. Where can I find cable adjustment info? What about the weak welds? Where to look for those and would that cause this issue?
Thanks