Mower deck Husqvarna anti-sway rod

willyp33

Threads
I own a 2012 52 inch Husqvarna garden tractor. Model GTH24V52LS. The anti sway rod came off . I did not know that it was off until I was cleaning the leaves of the deck and found it lying there. It was bent. I did straighten it and tried to place it across the deck into the holes that it had come out of but it seemed to be s little short, so I figured that I didn't straighten it like a new one that's why it was short.
I'll get to the problem, I received a new anti sway rod yesterday and it was short. I eyeballed the main brackets and they seem to be straight and not bent. Has anyone replace an anti sway rod on a Husk mower deck? It seems to mow ok, will mowing with it off hurt the deck? Do I need to take the deck off to get a better look at the brackets?
I did place both anti sway rods side by side and they are the same. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Willyp

PS Located info on page 20 in owners manual, Thanks guys

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
See pages 7 & 8 in your operators manual for installation instructions anti sway bar, if no manual google Husqvarna tractor manuals,have your model number from tractor data plate handy, not just LGT2654. And yes you do need to install anti sway bar, serves a purpose, Safety.

Last edited:

ingigo

Threads
Try and lift the deck, maybe with a helper or wooden shims. I find that this aligns the very odd angled bar hook up correctly for mowing.
On the wide decks(50"+) the husqys have a bar on the top of the left side deck and it malfunctions, it is common and I cannot help you. Either contact the dealer or just set it back using mechanics yourself.

ingigo

Threads
The odd-angled bar is the sway bar...sorry.

Midwest Deb

Forum Newbie
Threads
YMMV but I had a similar problem on my Hsqvarna LGT2654. Eventually I had to have a bracket re-welded on the deck.
mower_bracket2.jpg

I had the welds improved and a backing plate added to each bracket.

Probably best not to ignore it. The new ant-sway rod cost be 25 or 30 bucks

ingigo

Threads
I have run into this issue alot, huge deck in weight and the sway bar it too small. On the larger decks it a lot more of a problem I have heard a lot. The sway bar needs to be big like the deck.
you cannot put a part that is less quality into a big quality mower.
'

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As I remove about a dozen decks a week, these can be a problem.
Drop the deck onto a couple of 2 x 4's and push the height control as far down as possible then shove the deck around till the holes line up.
There is a lot of sway in a mower deck.
If yours has an electric PTO occasionally you need to remove the belt to give you wriggle room.
Don't forget a good squirt of lithium grease.

It will not just slip directly on you have to manipulate the deck to get it to fit otherwise it would not be needed in the first place.

ingigo

Threads
I was thinking of making a 2X4 deck with caster wheels in it to take out and install mower decks. any suggestions or just slide it out on 2X4's? Right now I use cardboard and my arm.