Mower deck Husqvarna anti-sway rod

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I was thinking of making a 2X4 deck with caster wheels in it to take out and install mower decks. any suggestions or just slide it out on 2X4's? Right now I use cardboard and my arm.

If the skid plates are in good condition it will slide out happily on the 2x4's it is just to give yo a smooth sliding surface and allow the anti scalp wheels to clear the ground.

ingigo

Threads
Wow... I never considered the anti-scalp wheels. Too many stupid distractions. I am going to get 2X4's and sand them a bit. I am starting to learn I need to use more mechanics and save my body. Thank you for saving me money and time!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You learn real quick when you start heaving 61" fabricated decks.
FWIW I now have a yard crane so I drive the mowers up to it. Slip the 2x4"s under the deck & uncouple the deck. Them I lift the mower up well clear of the deck .
I put some hooks on the bottom of some old broken D shovel handles ( good thing I never throw any thing out ) and use these to drag the deck clear. No back bending !!!

With the mower at about 45 deg I get in with the long (4' ) air duster and blow all the crud out. check the drive belt & pulleys, lube all the joints then drop the mower and suck out the oil.

ingigo

Threads
I wanted to makes something with caster wheels to lie the heavy deck on and move it right into place. I found these small 3 wheels caster plates that dip down and
and they fit great on the gauge wheels. they each hold 250 US pounds. great around the shop. I think they are called "Move It!" I believe. Saving my back! thanks for the inspiration!